News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'57 on hold again

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-12-18 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Life's projects always seem to get in the way of the fun projects doesn't it? A few weeks ago my wife bought a new washer and dryer and asked if I would mind putting in the new kitchen floor we had talked about before the new appiances arrived. Simple enough...a few weekends and done...wrong!!! Since the new stuff was a larger set than the old, I decided it would be easier for my wife if I moved the back door to another wall so we could move our freezer to where the old door was. Of course this will mean extending the back deck also, but that's a later project. There was an old unused, but active, gas pipe where I was putting the new door so I shut off the gas, pulled the pipe, and dug down and capped it off undergroud. Since the cap was right next to the house, I had the gas company come out to check it for leaks before I buried it. My cap was fine, but they found a leak somewhere in the underground line from the meter 160' to the house. So, of course gas got shut off until the leak was fixed. Since we live in a 1920's house, we decided to have everything replaced, inside and out. 25 degrees, snowing and no heat, hot water or stove.Well, I could do it but I'm 64 which is way to old to be trenching 160' in the winter, nevermind running new pipes inside so plumbers were called and everything is almost back to normal...maybe this weekend I'll get the floor finished and I can go back to my '57 after xmas. My sweet wife keeps saying "i'm sorry...I know you want to be working on your car" You know what...that's ok because a lot of wives aren't as good about our hobby as she is.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

congratulations, sounds like you have a keeper................

Zap- :burnout:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

well it is after xmas, all the parties are over,the kitchen floor is done, I've installed the new door, and redrywalled 2 of 3 walls. Before I can move the freezer out of the dining area to where it will end up, I need to finish the outside deck extension to make the new door usable, so I started digging foundation post holes today and got the posts concreted in and some of the framing done.(middle of winter and I'm putting in a deck??!!)after that's done I can close off the old door, finish the wall and move the freezer.
Other than a little piddling around now and then it's gonna be a few weeks before I can get some serious work done on my '57 :'(  :'( :'(
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

A customer of mine said it was man against house, and the house was winning.  Keep swinging, Mark