News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

little trinkets make me happy

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-07-21 21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Picked this up on ebay this week...a half hour of gentle non abrasive cleaning and it removed the 50+ years of air polution and shelf dust. Now in a bag and on a shelf again for another year or two.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

[quote author=RICH MUISE  Picked this up on ebay this week...a half hour of gentle non abrasive cleaning and it removed the 50+ years of air polution and shelf dust. Now in a bag and on a shelf again for another year or two. [/quote]

That's a nice looking new piece.
I hope that "another year or two" does not mean that it is going to take  you that long to have your car out.

BAMA_57

So will that stuff make my 56 year old hood latch look like yours? LOL
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

Ecode70D

Quote from: BAMA_57  So will that stuff make my 56 year old hood latch look like yours? LOL
/quote]

Funny thing I was telling Rich  today in a PM how we lost one of those exact latches two weeks ago.  I'm glad that I didn't waste a day polishing it before it disappeared.  Good thing I have a few extras.

Zapato

Have any of you guys tried ''the must for rust''. Spray it on an in about 10 minutes it hazes over to a white coating wipe off and ready to paint. If you're not painting it need to give it a shot of lubricant as it will flash rust really quick. Believe the bottle was 7bucks and change at Lowes.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Funny...when I got the NOS latch it looked very dull...kinda like lead...but not all that bad until I peeled off the original ford sticker and the still really shiney finish where the sticker was stuck out like a sore thumb. I though, man I hope I can do something with this. I figure it's probably just a zinc plating..not all that tough, so I didn't want to use anything abrasive on it. That wadding stuff I think is more of a cleaner than a polish as it is a petroleum product, but it sure works well on alot of things. O'reilly's, autozone, ect.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BAMA_57

The web-site says you can get it at Wal-Mart. I'll have to try some.
http://www.nevrdull.com/page5.html
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

Ford Blue blood

Never Dull was a staple on board Navy ships to keep the brass fittings shined up!  I always brought two large cans on board with me when checking in.  My guys would shine brass during those "down" times during working hours.  Best thing in the world for "excellent" on zone inspections.  The wading is the abrasive part and it isn't much at that.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

problem with never-dull is that its extremely flammable. thought the Navy had banned it years ago for that reason. personally prefer Flitzz for polishing brass.

Zapato

Ford Blue blood

They may have banned it...it was 20 years ago I retired and much has changed I'm sure.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

well its been almost 40 years for me and both ships I served on they switched to the liquid stuff in a can, maybe just a ''gator'' navy thing.

Zapato