News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957-1958 Ford Hamb thread link

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-01-16 09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Here's a link to a thread on the Hamb that's on 57-58 Fords. Lots of traditional 50-60's style kustoms as could be expected. I took the liberty of posting some pics of Doug's on there. Thought his was very fitting for a 57-58 Thread. Hope you don't mind, Doug.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/how-about-a-1957-1958-ford-thread.1004383/page-3#post-11342984
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Some nice pictures on there, I rarely go on the HAMB nowadays, must make more of an effort.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

rmk57

I posted a pic of my blue/ white Custom on it.

How well did yours go over with the non traditional 4.6 ohc in it?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

RICH MUISE

One of the guys on that thread started talking about how nice a Hemi or Ford sohc would be in his, Stupid me thought he was talking modular sohc vs my dohc . Anyway, I posted a pic of my engine "since he brought it up". The pic was deleted by one of the moderators, and rightfully so, with a nice email telling me it was deleted due to being too new for the forum. That was cool, I should have known better. After that, the guys that were asking  me about it, I just refered them to my build thread here. Ha, as nice as the explanative email was, I was thinking it might have been Jeff.
That said, we talk about off topic stuff all the time on the 52-59 social club. I've been running a build thread there as well...most of it redundant to what I post here. The social clubs, depending on which club, and who the "leader" of that club is, is often not as restrictive, if at all, as the main board.
So, I can post pics of the outside on the main board as it's not that far from traditional. I just can't post pics or talk about the interior or the drivetrain. Neither of those fall in the "as it could have been built in '65" guideline.

robhaerr

I figured I would post a video and a few pics of my wagon on that thread.

Cheers!

Rob

Jeff Norwell

I never deleted anything Rich, as I really do not get on there too much.I still have Mod powers, But rarely use them.Everything Ebbs and Flows, and I think of that place a a giant City.Nice place to visit,But I don't want to live there.I live in the country.
When it comes to 57 Fords,I come here.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

robhaerr

Just saw this on the HAMB thread...this is totally cool. We have all seen the 57 Corvette wagon concepts projects, but I have never seen a 57 T-Bird wagon. I grew up with a 56 T-bird in the family and now have a 57 Ford Country Sedan...this really has my heart racing. Whoever did this...NICE WORK!!! THIS IS BITCHEN!!!

Rob

rmk57

Quote from: robhaerr on 2016-01-18 08:43
Just saw this on the HAMB thread...this is totally cool. We have all seen the 57 Corvette wagon concepts projects, but I have never seen a 57 T-Bird wagon. I grew up with a 56 T-bird in the family and now have a 57 Ford Country Sedan...this really has my heart racing. Whoever did this...NICE WORK!!! THIS IS BITCHEN!!!

Rob

I would be really interested to see what he did with the interior, from the front seat back.

It's ok. Or in other words, I can see why Ford didn't build it.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Limey57

Reminds me of the Volvo P1800 wagons from the 60's, looks smart but not really all that practical.  I like the practicality of a wagon (AND the looks) but I never really understand a wagon for the sake of producing a wagon (if that makes sense) where the rear load area isn't useful for much more than a pair of skis or the weeks groceries.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

Rob, I agree. That thing is awesome!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

JMHO, but I think the roof is too massive/bulky for the sleek proportions of the T-bird. I like the concept, as I did with the early 'vette conversion, but maybe a sleeker roof. Maybe a case where the builder shouldn't have tried to keep the vintage intact.

hotroddonnie

I like it, but I wonder if a two tone paint job would be better then the Volvo green!

djfordmanjack

well..... ???
I think the long roof doesn't fit the short T bird wheelbase. But now it makes me want to put a 57 Bird rear bumper on my Del Rio wagon! that rear section sure looks great !

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com