News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Here ya go Gunter!.............

Started by RICH MUISE, 2018-04-30 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

"Now that it is getting spring and most probably your new garage has been set up....why don't you just get us some fresh pics of your pride and joy ?"
(Quote from DJ from my build thread)
You asked, I took a few on a road trip to a car show in Rio Rancho, New Mexico this past weekend. Took the long route through the mountains Tucemcarie to Las Vegas (NM) on up to Taos, then down thru Santa Fe. Got to shake hands with my 13th member of this forum. Eric from Santa Fe and his wife Liz (opps!, Eric and his wife are in Rio Rancho, not Santa Fe). I can't believe I didn't get any pics of his car at his house or the show. :102:
The first 2  pics are the Cueva Mill about 20 miles N of Las Vegas on hwy 518. Not that old by European or even New England standards, but old for a western US structure. Built with Mud Bricks, I believe in the early 1800's.
Next pic is along the Rio Grande river south of Taos. There are usually lots of river rafters, but I guess too early in the season , and it was a Thursday.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

BEAUTIFUL Rich ! thanx !
Both car and scenery are a sight !
loving the old mill as well !

That was a great trip, I am sure you enjoyed !

I did drive my 57 a little, but not that far. Probably taking it on a 600 mile round trip to Bavaria/Germany in 2 weeks.

RICH MUISE

These were at a sunrise liftoff in Rio Rancho. 7AM on the way to the car show.
Thanks Gunter, boy that was quick! lol. My round trip was 790 miles, yep, I enjoyed the heck out of it. Big time Chevy car crowd, but that's ok, it was a good show, and I did get the consolation prize......"longest distance",

djfordmanjack

stunning light and desert scenery ! :004:
early morning light is so cool on vintage cars. gives such a different feeling. your frontend looks great in the low light.

hiball3985

Always good to see 57's on the road and being used, the car looks great Rich. I only did a short 250 mile round trip a couple of weeks ago. This is at 6000 ft in the San Jacinto mountains..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting that, Jim. Car looks great. Love the mountains, especially since I moved to Texas. Are you sawing that big log in half to bring home for firewood?
Hopefully other will post their road trip photos as well, this IS what it's all about.

hiball3985

I don't do much sawing these days  :003: but I love driving the mountain roads. The guys I hang out with think I'm crazy, their cars stay in garages unless they are going to a "cruise".. I drive mine everyday..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

now I simply had to add some applause to you guys ! :003:

driving is the best that we can do with a car. love your thinking, Rich and Jim !

chapingo17

Here is a pic of Rich and me at my house in Rio Rancho.

RICH MUISE

Man I need a haircut and a shave! Looks like we're holding hands in the pic, Eric, lol.
Rich

chapingo17

hiball3985

Rich, forget the haircut and shave, just drive it like you stole it  :003:. Nice you could meet another member on your trip. I don't take many pictures but I should post more. One from a few months ago burning up some two lanes..

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Looks like my kind of roadtrip. That's some beautiful country. Where is it? It's great to have enough confidence in our cars to take them out in the boonies away from cell phone coverage.
Yeah, it was nice to shake hands with another member. Eric was the 13th member from this forum I've met in person. Sure are a bunch more I'd like to meet.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-05-08 15:45
Looks like my kind of roadtrip. That's some beautiful country. Where is it? It's great to have enough confidence in our cars to take them out in the boonies away from cell phone coverage.
Yeah, it was nice to shake hands with another member. Eric was the 13th member from this forum I've met in person. Sure are a bunch more I'd like to meet.
And thanks to Eric for posting the picture. That trip was heading up to the Tehachapi mountains via a back road. It was still pretty brown in the lower elevations due to the drought and not major rain yet, much nicer and a little greener in the higher elevations. I don't have a cell phone, but I've traveled all over the country in my old Fords without one  :burnout:.
Classic cars and trains, life is good  :001:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Günter Rich and Jim
    Thank you for the cool scenic pictures.
     Couldn't respond to this thread sooner.  My computer wouldn't let me, but I was able to respond to other threads in this same site.  Computers are daunting.   
Jay