News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Added something new to my car

Started by RICH MUISE, 2023-09-01 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Yeah, a FOR SALE sign.
I want to finish out this show season, so the 71k odometer will be up to 74ish before I part with it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Seems as we get older it's generally health issues that crop up sidetracking us from what we really have a passion for. I hope you stick around on this forum and good luck with selling your 57.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Such a sad day....as said though, as we get older.....

That being said, I often think what my wife would do if I passed, sadly, my biggest fear is that she would sell everything for what "I told her" I paid for it!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

oldave57

Rich,

I have often thought with my two 57 Fords that we really don't own those cars but rather they own us.  When I bought my present Skyliner, I had to sell the 57 Club Sedan and had a hard time letting it go.  We fix them, baby them, improve them just so they can be passed on to another generation (hopefully) of old Ford lovers. 

I have enjoyed following your journey with your beautiful car, from the original build to the engine replacement saga with the oil filter failure.  You did a great job rebuilding and caring for that car and someone will be getting a real gem of a classic car.

Good Luck,
Dave

lalessi1

Rich,

A very sad day. I know how you feel though, been thinking about selling mine as well (not quite yet). All things must pass.

Lynn
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I appreciate the support guys. Nothing is cast in stone yet, I may never get an acceptable offer, and I for sure do not HAVE to sell it. My next-door neighbor asked me to call him before I accept an offer, so the car may not be going far anyway. My Outback which I bought 7 years ago with 72k miles, now is approaching 200k, and it's waiting to get into my mechanic's shop next week to check out a new noise. So, it may need replacing in all likelihood before long. That's one of the main reasons for selling the '57. I'm too old to be making new debts that my wife may be stuck with if something happens to me.

djfordmanjack

Rich !!!
That is horrible news. Why in the world would you sell your beloved  57, that drives and handles great and is quite easy to maintain, in favor of buying a new plastic model piece of **** ( add your own favorite cuss words) that needs high$ maintenance, has electronic and GPS surveillance and is generally a badly cobbled together piece of foam, fibres and faulty stuff and needs junked in 10 years at most????

Now, personally I do not want to understand this ! ( although deep in my heart I can see and respect many, many good reasons why you would do that....).
But this forum isn't here to cheer on members, selling their favorite rides, is it ???  :003:

You put so much labor and love in this, and you can still keep it going by having somebody else do the work, if you find yourself becoming unable to crawl under it and such. Maybe even get some cheap replacement engine and suspension parts, while they are available...
Who cares whats after you ( I mean, we all do, when talking about our cars). Drive your 57 into the ground, if needed ! It is here to last and serve you well beyond!

Dodge the old late model, and start driving the 57 daily!

hiball3985

This is sad news and I agree with Gunter. I know many of us are reaching the age that we will have to make these decisions in the future that is coming all to fast :005: .
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Giving this more thought what would you do with the extra time if you didn't have the 57 to play with or do road trips? I ask myself that question at times. We occasionally have to use the wifes Escape for a road trip, talk about boring  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Actually, more roadtrips, but in my Outback. I enjoy the roadtrips almost as much. I hate detailing, so my time is rarely taken up with the '57. I've got some projects to do on it, that I just don't feel like doing. My front sheetmetal needs to be realigned, as does the passenger door. I need to figure out why my electric antennae stopped working, etc etc. Over the years I was building it, I really enjoyed the challenge, Now I don't want to work on it, I just enjoy driving and showing, but it won't last forever doing only that. I guess there it is in a nutshell.

djfordmanjack

I respect that, Rich. Things may change in life. Also you said you let the $ decide.
If you are a bit like me, I always find my mood changes back after a certain time, like every 6 or 12 months or so. It is the same with music, Sometimes I do not listen to a certain genre or artist for a year, but find myself back in a storm, listening to it binge style for weeks again. The cycle repeats every other year or so. You may very well get back to find joy, working on the 57 again. Hopefully. :002: She's such a gorgeous ride !

On a side note I have been very close to selling my 57CS in the past years 2 (!) times. all for good reasons. financial, time, not driving it enough, space etc.
I am glad the prospective buyers always needed some time to come up with the $, so I was able to cancel the deal each time, early enough - fair play. I will probably not offer it for sale again, even though there are several nice guys, who want it and might be good caretakers. not for now. Can't live without a 57 ( although technically I still would have another one, the Del Rio project). 57 Fords Forever !