News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

'58 EDSEL CITATION

Started by CobraJoe, 2019-03-01 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Don't really know much about Edsels, but seems reasonably priced and in decent shape.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/edsel/citation/2233231.html?refer=news

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Nice car, price is just a touch high but in the range given it's condition.  Don't think it is a true survivor, look like it has been painted, a touch of paint on the vin tag, no door rubber, and a few other "hints"....I would talk seriously if I were looking....but I have one that I "rescued".....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

In the northeast that car would be a steal at 20 grand. I wish I had storage, you can bet I have that car consigned to the next Mohegan Sun auction.

CobraJoe

Quote from: Lou on 2019-03-08 21:54
In the northeast that car would be a steal at 20 grand. I wish I had storage, you can bet I have that car consigned to the next Mohegan Sun auction.

That's what I was thinking Lou, $20,000, AND IT"S negotiable, seems reasonably priced to me. You couldn't restore it for that.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Lou

CobraJoe

WOW! Pretty good deal, especially for a Northeast car.

Lou

The 57 was a good original 67,000 mile car, only thing non stock were the seat covers (door & side  panels were original) car went for $13,500. When I got there the car was sold, my fault, I took the time to price out new factory seat covers from LB. The car had been owned by the sellers father for almost 50 years. I hope the new owner brings the car back to stock.