News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HELP

Started by tarheel57, 2012-08-14 18:56

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

Guys do any of you that have fooled with a lot of rack & pinion units have any idea what might be going on with my rack unit? Heres the issue, I have the rack & pinion setup on my 57 300.Loved it,drives great,no complants,has been on the road sense march.Anyway I have had to replace my rack unit (long story) about 2 weeks ago . Put the new rack on,worked the air out per instructions,turned the motor to flush the power steering pump,its pumping good.Everything good ,take test drive.The problem is the steering turns easy sitting still and bearly moving,but when i get up to speed it turns hard as if no power steering at all.I have re checked everything,fluid is full,no leaks,pumps is pumping.Im going to recheck the tightness of my pump belt tonight.Have any of you ever had a rack to act like this ? If any of you know something I might try or check please let me know,Im about to pull my hair out. Thanks,Tarheel57 :burnout:

tarheel57

Well,put more tention on the power steering belt (all i could get) .Didnt make any difference at all. Any suggestions anybody ? Thanks, Tarheel57 :unitedstates:

gasman826

Before you take it off and return it, call the remanufacturer.  If it is CARDONE, they have an 800 number and I found them extremely helpful.