News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Jeff Norwell...

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-06-04 06:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Hey Jeff...just saw your message to Pat and Krista....We haven't heard from you for a while unless I somehow missed it..Let us know how  your trip to Texas went, and how your '57 project is coming along.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

suede57ford

Jeff has some really nice parts collected for his Custom Sedan.    He is looking for some straight windshield and rear window stainless as his next parts to round up.

Here in Texas the huge hail beats up the double-walled trim, so it is hard to straighten.  If anyone has any nice parts let Jeff or myself know.

Krista and I spent some time with Jeff in Wellington and Austin.   He is really serious about building a really nice '57.

Hopefully he will eventually make a couple cool art prints or t-shirts with his vision of a "Norwell Equipped" '57 Ford.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Zapato

Quote from: suede57ford on 2011-06-04 21:09

Hopefully he will eventually make a couple cool art prints or t-shirts with his vision of a "Norwell Equipped" '57 Ford.

I'm waiting for one or both, knowing its "Norwell Equipped" is good enough for me.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

Hey Rich!
It's been very busy since coming back from Texas. The trip was outstanding and it went by like a blurrrrrrrrr.In the first Leg of the Texas Tour..we stopped at my very good friends house Bob Owens.He is a gem of a man and it was nice to catch up with him.As Pat stated..it was really good to see him and Krista and I am sure I talked his(and Krista's) ear off.I was very happy for the both of them at the upcoming birth of there son,Paxton. Now Paxton is with us,he is sure to be following the family Tradition of stomping and building these old Fords.
Yes.I collected a few more pieces for the 57 and I just need the front and rear glass and the trim to go with it.I am saving for some EMS floor pans and we are pretty much ready to go.I did spend a few silent hours talking to the old girl and assured here she would be returned to GLORY!
(Yea,... I know, I am weird.)
Austin, was AWESOME..... Friends,Music,Hotrods and good food. The only problem was, it went too fast.I could have talked to Pat,Krista for hours...but I did not want to feel like a Stalker.
The only bummer was... coming home at 1:00 am in the morning thru the Hills of Kentucky...we hit a big stag doing 70.
Wrecked the front of my daily....but no one was injured and we limped home.I am not doing anymore Banzai runs.....

Yes..i have some 57 art ideas for a few shirts and maybe a cutaway.... time is such a commodity. Keep your eyeballs peeled for the aug or Sept. issue of SRM.... Did a little job that 57 ford fans hopefully will like.
Yes..a few more small bits and i am ready to start the project.... and it will be Norwell Equipped!

Here is how i KILLED Rudolph..........

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

When you get around to doing a shirt, pass the word along to me for sure, I'll take one in XL...great stuff, Jeff, truly.  Hate to hear about the daily;  those deer can really mess up your day.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Jeff,
Don't feel weird! I've had more that one conversation with mine in the 37 years :003:
I hate blocksanding!

F570RD

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2011-06-10 11:14
Jeff,
Don't feel weird! I've had more that one conversation with mine in the 37 years :003:
Some times I can't get a word in edge wise with my 57.

RICH MUISE

Glad to here your trip went well until the accident. I've gotta plan on the Austin thing next year..I've never been south of Dallas so the Austin thing will be different. I lived in Colorado for 23 years...lot of deer and elk to hit. Hit a buck on I70 almost where it ends in Utah...like you I limped home. Next one wasn't so lucky...hit a huge elk doing 70 on the mountain road to Cripple Creek at 2 in the morning. The police measured my Mountaineer 273 feet off the road. What the elk didn't take out..bumper,grille,drivers fender,hood, windshield,entire left side,...the small trees and heavy brush took out on the right side. Only panels on the car not wasted was the roof and tailgate. Strangly enough no damage to the undercariage, I never poped the airbags, and the car was not totalled.Renewed my faith in Ford products.
The cop that arrived first was an elk hunter and said it was the largest one he had ever seen...probably in the 1600-1800 lb range. By the way..the first thing the cop asked was if I was ok..the second thing he asked was if I wanted the elk. By the time I had left there were 4 police cars, 3 ambulances and a fire truck. Only the first cop was there for me..the rest came to look at the elk!

Jeff Norwell

As soon as I get some free time(what the hell is that???) I plan to do a little something for the members and the board.I will donate my time for that.
The Daily Dodge is all fixed and been driving my 32 when it's not raining or cold.It's been a very unusual cold and wet coupla months.
Still collecting 57 parts and nearly all there.
Must make plans to get my 57 in Texas. Problem is....it's a week off work, and when i don't work,.... I don't make any $$$.
Time and money seem always fighting me. hahahaha

Jeff Norwell

Ahh..speaking of small parts..I did score some YOM plates and had them registered(ouch!)
Apparently up in these parts..57 and 58 are very hard years to find....(poor metal and paint)... I think Henry and the Ontario Govt. prolly used the same metal source! hahaha
anyhow..a very small score and kinda un-important..but I thought I would share.
Here are my Prison pics.....

RICH MUISE

I didn't realize your car was still here..if I remember correctly it wasn't all that far from my house..when you do make plans to get it, let me know if I can help. If nothing else we can meet for a hamburger...you probably go thru Amarillo anyway.
"unusually cold and wet"...you'll be glad to know your car has been in very dry air probably since you bought it...been in triple digits here for the better part of the last month...and a long drought(third worst drought so far on record for the panhandle area of Texas). Got up to 109 yesterday with a break projected for today only...it's only suppose to get to 99 today, then back up tommorrow.
I'm serious about letting me know if you need help..the 40 year old company I've been working for is shutting it's doors ("soon" they keep saying), and I've only been working 12 or so hours a week...so I should have plenty of time to help ya if needed.   Rich

Jeff Norwell

Thanks Rich..when I head down your way.I will definitely hook up..if only for a bite to eat...it would be very nice to meet you.
I just must find the time when to get my butt down to Texas.
I usually swing thru shamrock from oklahoma and head to wellington..but I could get to Amarillo no problem..it's not far from where the car is

I have heard how hot is there and the drought you folks have been having.....but its a "dry heat"..right?
Just like we have a dry cold up here!...
ha ha

joking aside... It will be great to meet you.

Zapato

Those YOM plates look great, good ole washington didn't have a 57 plate just tabs.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72