News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Counter

Started by gasman826, 2012-10-10 08:50

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Some time ago there was lengthy discussion about the content and purpose of the forum.  I did not respond immediately because I wanted to review the comments and I was unsure if it was any of my concern.  This morning, something reminded me that I have an opinion.  This is a great web site.  The ownership and maintenance is a great commitment and shows dedication to the content and the membership.  Never the less and for whatever the reason, I miss the counter. 
This summer, a new member was shopping for a ?57.  They asked lots of questions and got lots of answers.  They asked for help and got it.  They asked for parts and got them.  They sold the car and have not been heard from since.  This could happen to anyone.  I know nothing of the morals of the member.  There was no contract.  But I still feel a little used.
This morning, there are parts for sale.  I do not want to restrict the opportunity to have parts made available.  I do however want information to assist in the decision making process.  The counter is no guarantee or real measure of a members morals or the quality of their input but it does give me a ?warm fuzzy? that they have invested some effort.  Just because they are a noob, does not mean that they are unworthy and that I will not assist or do business.  I will say that, for now, I am less that enthusiastic to give parts to a noob and I would like to have that information.  I was also taken back by the thought that members would waste time and forum resources with replies just to boost their counter numbers.
Please consider re-implementation of the counter.

RICH MUISE

What he said...I second that...It's hard to remember all the members. Obviously many of the members are recognized immediatly, but there are a number of them, for me, that I'm just not sure what their "status" is(for lack of a better word)....meaning for example,a newbie would be offered a lot more help and in a different way than someone who's been on the forum for 3 years and just doesn't have alot of recent posts.
Please just start mine at zero. LOL
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

i miss the counter also,

57 Ford Kustom

Hi guys,

I am a noobie to this sight, even thou I carry my fathers user name. I just wanted to let you guy's know that whatever you want, I want! I grew up surrounded by men like you, and have a deep respect for what you represent. I can clearly see a need for a counter, this gives you folks an idea who is really interested in the mission of 57 ford forever, and who usiing the sight. I can assure you that I'm in tits deep, and a lifer hear! I have learned so much from you guy's it's crazy. If their is anything I can do to further this cause let me know!

Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates: 
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

wv 57s forever

PLEASE JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

What a guy. Thanks...and an applaud.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

From me too......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

Maybe it could be set up like the Jockey Journal. In order to post in the classified you have to have 50 posts before you can sell something there.

geraldchainsaw

thanks,    now i'll sleep at nite

wv 57s forever

Thank You

JPotter57

Allan, arm rests on the way, brother..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

4thgen57

I would just like to say thank you to those who keep this website up and running. As a Young newbie here who only hopes that one day his 57 will look half as good as some of yours. I come here often and search for what I am looking for. i wish I was more help on parts and subjects that are posted on here, but I look up to (no offence) the older guys to help me so that I may pass it along one day.
Thanks again
4thgen57

keep the rubber on the road and the shiney side up!