News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door Lock Pull Knobs

Started by Wirenut, 2019-01-09 20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Can someone post a photo of 57 Fairlane door lock pull knobs. My 57 had aftermarket ones, the donor cars had been removed so I'm not sure which ones are closest to original. I googled some but there were a variety and some were various colors too. I found some chrome looking ones that I think would look good but would like to match as close as possible to factory ones..
Thanks in advance..

thomasso

They are blackish hard rubber.  I have a package of as I recall about 10 NOS Ford.  But alas I won't be back home until middle of may.  If you don't find any by then contact me and I'll give you a couple.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Swank

Here's what mine look like.  Pretty sure they're the originals.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Wirenut

Thank you for the offer and the photo gentlemen. The one on my car is totally different, this helps me know what to look for.

57chero

If you cant find any used ones Dennis Carpenter has a picture of them on there online catalog for 53-63 fords at $6.50 each.

Wirenut

Ill check their website, I looked at several last night with no success. Thank you

RICH MUISE

so does www.classicautoparts.com  pg 286 of their 49-72 full size ford catalog 6.95 ea.
click on "shop" on the top tool bar, then chose online catalogs
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-01-11 21:58
so does www.classicautoparts.com  pg 286 of their 49-72 full size ford catalog 6.95 ea.
click on "shop" on the top tool bar, then chose online catalogs
Following your link & once in the 'shop' section I don't see a way to get to the online catalog. Do you have to have an account there first?
I was looking for that online catalog a while back & had the same problem with the link I'd bookmarked. Got a web page that said the address had changed but gave no new link to it.   After a lot of messing around I somehow did come up with this link that takes you to that catalog.
https://www.classicautopartsonlinecatalog.com/Fullsize-Ford-and-Mercury/1/

RICH MUISE

On my computer, on their home page, just bringing your cursor over the "shop" opens up a drop down menu with "online catalogs" being one of the 3 choices. Clicking on that brings up a screen with their different catalogs. I do not have an account there.

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-01-13 08:12
On my computer, on their home page, just bringing your cursor over the "shop" opens up a drop down menu with "online catalogs" being one of the 3 choices.
I only got 'shop, 'view' 'cart' & 'checkout'.
Click on shop & it takes me to a list of truck parts to chose from.
But I just found the problem.  Wasn't seeing the whole page at the normal 100%.  Strange.

RICH MUISE

Your screens are slightly different than what I get. In your second view, that red bar is the tool bar I mentioned, but don't click on "shop", just hover over it and you should then have the online catalogs as an option to click on.

Tom S

Rich, look at what I circled in those pix again. The 1st one is what I see at the normal 100% page size with the 3 options that I see with cursor held over the shopping cart. That red bar doesn't show up
The 2nd pic is what I see when reduced to a 67% page size.  When I click on the 'click here' in the circled text I get to pick the catalog I want.
Like so ....