News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wurth it site back up

Started by johns2000, 2008-02-15 17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

I see Rick's website is back up for all those interested. I know there's alot of people waiting for  their orders so here's your chance to contact him.

gregyoung

Sorry to say Ricks out of buisness,Spoke to him the other day

JPotter57

It sucks whenever someone steps up with new parts for our cars, gets a little magazine exposure, then takes a lot of orders they cant fulfill.  That is the only reason I let Rick mention his stuff on here a while back, because he had gotten exposure from R&C, and I thought he was just a good business man providing parts for a growing segment of the car hobby.  I guess from this point forward, I will put more resarch in on any vendor I let hawk their wares on here.  We were all duped, gentlemen.  My apologies for lending him this venue to make more deals than he could finish.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wolfpupsdad

how was anyone to know what the out come was to be???.  i kina saw the writing on the wall when i had 6 moths vested i waitng for my kit.
i feel for anyone out there still waitng  for their kits.
it wouldn't be hard to duplicate the kit .

bagboy

Hi,I feel bad about this outcome.Unlike other vendors, :deadhorse:I don't belive Rick planed to leave people hanging.I just hope he and his wife are better.

KidKourier

"57" Ford Members,   Rick Wurth is not out of business but is in the process of relocating to Escondido,Calif.( that's just north of San Diego), He'll be working out of one of the businesses that restores Mustangs(name will be forth coming)and will begin production of his racks for "57"'s beginning March 31,2008. He said he will update his web site with all new info in the coming weeks. I also expressed my concerns about what transpired with problems with timely deliveries and completed kits! Rick explained to me that after his heart attack last  October that he was back in the shop trying to fill back orders as quickly as possible 4 days later.Unfortunately that was a tad to soon and he suffered a relapse and was ordered by his Dr. to 2 weeks bed rest and than lite duty.During this time,friends and family members pitch in to help out with the business but ended up being a hinderance insted of a help not knowing what to do! Why Rick didn't answer E-mails or phone calls? Family members disconnected phone and shut down web site to avoid any undue stress on him due to medical problems with his wife,and then himself.I told Rick about certain members having problems with their orders or not receiving what they ordered or received their money back. Rick stated that he was not trying to rip anyone off and if anybody is missing anything from their orders or is not satisfied with what they received call him at (970)314-6159 and he will try by all meens to make it right! Now take this with a grain of salt--- but I'm going to order a rack from him and see where it goes (he's only about 1 hr. away from me now)  I also invited him to Fab.Fords at Knotts to speak with the WestCoast members and to address this site and leave a personal website for Questions and Answers to establish an understanding for both sides.  As I said, I'm going to order a rack from Rick,on the phone he was very helpful and said when we work out the brackets for my Courier he'd  deliver the kit and stay and help me install it (Am I Impressed-hell ya). So I'll be your Huckleberry!  SKIP :deadhorse:

bagboy

Talked to Rick today,he has moved to Calif.He has lost most everthing,but,will be in business soon.

johns2000

What about all the people who were charged for the kit and never received anything? Hope it works out for everyone!!

rackman

I wrote this to Gerry Kenny TODAY
Gerry> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:04:01 -0600> From: rodnut@wic.net> To: custom300fe@hotmail.com Subject: Re: 57 Fords Forever Quoting Gerry Kenney <custom300fe@hotmail.com Gerry, My name is Rick Wurth (Wurth-It Designs) I have noticed comments on you site, some are warrented and I believe  some are not, so I'd like to set the story straight. Back inn 1996 we discovered my wife had contracted Hepatitis C due a  blood transfusion while having a brain tumor operation six years  earlier. This was the start of an unbelievable chain of events that  ended up with me having a heart attack at the end of Sept.2007. My  wife became extremely ill which meant I had to take over her duties as  a mom. That meant doing everything from raising the kids, to  housework, cooking, shopping, etc. I could handle that! But in the  year 2000 that all changed, my wife contracted ARDS,(adult respiratory  distress syndrome) she died right in front of me and doctors managed  to get her back, she was then on life support for over 14 days. She  was in the hospital for two months. When she got home I had to carry  her to the bathroom she was so weak, give baths, etc. at the time  there really was not much help for us. Meanwhile she was and still is  to this day dealing with Hep. C she also was diagnosed with rheumatoid  arthritis due to the hep C and put on and oxygen machine, which she still has to use. This really put her down in a bad way, by this time  she could barely do anything without some kind of help. She also had a  broken foot due to brittle bones. That's the way it was for two years  until I messed up my leg and it became infected. I was a hairs breath  away from having it amputated, and it took two years to heal, While  this was all happening I managed to invent the power rack and pinion  for my '57 Ford, I did not plan for this to be a business. I put a  picture of it on my personal website and all of a sudden I started  getting calls about it from the '57 ford owners. Well I figured it  would be easier to build these systems than work on building hot rods,  boy was I wrong. The calls kept coming and my wife was not getting any  better. After years of constant doctors visit (uncountable)medicine,  co-pays running into the hundreds of thousands...and that, with good  insurance... it just did not seem like thigs would ever get better but  little by litte they did...but not for long! In November 2005 I got a  call from the TV show Wrecks to Riches about installing one of our  Rack Systems into a tribute car for Parnelli Jones, At first I  declined due to my wifes health issues but Joy said she felt good  enough to take the trip. Magazines and TV shows do not really flip my  switch much... I was raised around it and I was in many magazines in  my early days. But they do help sell what your making. So we went but  we never made it to our destination, while walking our dog behind the  motel in St. George, Utah which had an elevated parking lot, Joy  triped and fell off a wall five feet below on to the concrete sidewalk  breaking her femur ( the largest bone in your body )and her hip. We  were now stuck in St George with Joy going through surgery. I't would  take to long to tell that whole story... the short story is Four more  surgeries after that( the first three failed) months and months of  taking care of Joy because the rehab centers stunk, tons of money  going to crappy doctors and surgeons until the last surgeon in Denver  knew what he was doing. More co-pays, medicine, etc. I was the full  time caretaker for my wife while still trying to run the business of  building the racks. By the way I personally have built every rack made  I do not farm my stuff out to some other country to make a crummy  version of it! I tried to do it all and I failed!!! It caused me to  have a heart attack and the was my mistake! During the Five months  I've spent trying to recover, I've lost my wife, house, my '60  Starliner and other cars, my shop,my dog, my pride, but not my life.  Now I'm starting over in California, not with much, but it's a start.  I don't give up and never have! I could have filed for bankrutpcy and  left everyone hanging out to dry. NOT MY STYLE! I will do my very best  to see that all my past customers get what they ordered, it may take  awhile but I'll make it happen. Thanks for the opportunity to speak up. My phone number is 970-314-6159 I ask that my past customers call  me so we can make thing right.> Rick Wurth>

shopratwoody

Rick,
You are a class act
Good Luck, Ron :004:
Ps, Maybe someday I'll get one of those things!
I hate blocksanding!