News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

factory power steering rebuild or sell??

Started by bogey, 2008-04-13 23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

bogey

all right men if i ever get the edsel to the house is the power steering worth rebuilding and using and how long should it stay in good shape ??? or just e bay it ???  if i rebuild who does the best and most honest job ?? everybody lately says they are good at what they do and i find out i should have left it broke and saved my money any suggestions such as sell and go for mustangII or a straight axle or quality rebuilder ??? thanks :deadhorse: :006:

ford wagon

i recomend rodes restoration for rebuild your power steering 419-468-5182 he can answere your quetions very reliable i have used his services on many ford progects through the years never had a bad experiacne dealing with this company

abe_lugo

Hi,
I had my rack rebuilt by a hydraulic power steering pace in LA, it was about 2-300 bucks. I think that main part is the tensioner on the end of the rack. It works nice and doesn't leak at all.

The main thing I found out the hard way is that my for has a 351W with a newer style PS pump, thus a faster pump, I going to be adding the Hiedt's PS Pump adjuster valve soon. Basically it just like a brake proportioning valve.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008