News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth-- Power rack

Started by KidKourier, 2008-05-13 14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

frosty

It seems to me that someone that has his set up could draw up the plans from what they have and give what the rack is an let others make they brackets. I went to my alignment guy and he thought it was a dodge rack so I went an got what he said but to my surprise it was not. but I had it all in there in no time to find out it turned the wrong way when i turned the steering wheel. but  then i put in a 97 ford t bird rack, had to redrill the holeback about a inch an a half for the tie rods ends but if works good.

ford wagon

i istalled this rack system in my dads 57 year ago. it is a 89 chevy cavaler rack that you can get at advance auto for a hundred bucks. brackets are very simple because it is a center steer. the kit uses angle iron to mount to the frame. the rack mounts to the angle iron using origanal chevy rack rubber bushings and straps. if you have questions jntaylor42@aol.com

Amblewagon

Just a update I called Rick last week and he did answer,I explained I was still missing some parts.They all showed up today.So almost two years to the day and ALOT of aggervation I have all my parts.I hope his parts are better than his customer service.Good luck to the rest of you.I don't think he is a crook but has had a couple of bad years and has to dig out of a big hole.He did make right with me but it took ALONG time.Joe

wolfpupsdad

glad to hear ya got all your stuff from him , now comes the fun part, the installation. which is a breeze.

gasman

Lambs to the slaughter!!!!  This discussion about Rick Wurth has gone on for more than two years on several forums and yet people still attempt to do business with someone with an unreliable reputation!  DAAAAA!  I am not about to argue whether Rick is a crook or fallen on hard times...no excuses, customer after customer has commented on the lack of service.  Quit buying from an unreliable business!!!!  The product works.  Other than the reduced turning circle, the design works just fine.  Nearly three years ago, I attempted to contact Rick via email and telephone multiple times with NO responce.  I did not give up on the concept though.  It is not rocket science.  I made my own rack and pinion swap and after more than 3K miles, I am very, very pleased with the performance.  If you want pictures, bring a camera and I will put my '57 on the hoist and you can look all you want.  Do you want to drive it... I'm in Addison, Michigan.  Get here before it snows.

Geofordman

So what did you use for a rack? How about posting some pics? And that T-Bird rack how did you do it? I hate putting anything brand X on my Fords! I can cut and weld and have built many susp. and steering systems but I figure why reinvent the (steering) wheel when so many have driven down this road, Share some more info. please boys.