News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

That is some nice art work Jeff. I admire you people with artistic talent I can't draw stick people.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Well I finally managed to get up and on line....this Vista program really hacks me off.  Updates to the security and operating software take over the stupid thing.  Can't even look at the news!  Then when the updates are all done and over with the system operates flawlessly.....coffee, third cup, news paper done, saw the obit for I fellow street rodder that I did a bunch of work for in the past.  67, too young....had cancer.

No new news, still plugging away on the shop projects between getting ready to visit the kids for Thanksgiving.  Going to have all three and all five grandkids together this year.  First time since 2001, life (ours and their's) has gotten in the way.  Looking forward to the mayhem!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

'Morning guys.
Jeff...have fun in Mass! We'll hopefully do it at a later date. I was thinking when you did come we could give your friend John Stromberg a lookup....I know he and Bob Owens are friends as well.
Bill..sounds like you got a "platefull" for Thanksgiving..great to hear. My wife is off work today...hurrying me to get dressed and go grocery shopping. Too darn cold to work in the garage today anyways. Later
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-11-22 09:00
'Morning guys.
Jeff...have fun in Mass! We'll hopefully do it at a later date. I was thinking when you did come we could give your friend John Stromberg a lookup....I know he and Bob Owens are friends as well.
Bill..sounds like you got a "platefull" for Thanksgiving..great to hear. My wife is off work today...hurrying me to get dressed and go grocery shopping. Too darn cold to work in the garage today anyways. Later

Will will definitely do that Rich!

Jim. thanks for the kind words....I have seen your work and you are a very talented fella!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

BRRRR! 24 degrees supposed to get up to 47 later on, 72% humidity no wind they were/are expecting some in the 25mph range. Going to stay indoors and work on kitchen and watch grand daughters. All out of hot chocolate and marshmallows. At least its clear skies and sun shining.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

LAUDY57

Rich, this is a prawn like you can get at the Red Lobster restaurants. One out of 4 traps had some, it's sure nice out on the water when the weather is nice in the mornings. I don't envy all this talk you guys are making about the cold weather, we've had a bit of frost this week because we've had some sun and if we've seen the sun it probably means it's going to rain in a couple of days.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

4thgen57

Well I have just been nominated to replace the carpet in the dining room with hardwood floors before Thanksgiving! Guess what im doing tomorrow?

RICH MUISE

guess I was right...shrimpy lobsters. I can imagine how nice it is out there when the weather is good. That's beautiful country you live in. Sounds like you had a good day.
4thgen...whatcha doin' tommorrow?
You must be laying down prefinished stuff if you're going to be finished for Turkey. That sure makes life a whole lot easier than the old days laying raw wood, sanding, sanding, sanding  varnish, varnish, varnish. And that's not even mentioning the god awful mess it made.

Boss/Cyclone

Quote from: 4thgen57 on 2013-11-22 19:04
Well I have just been nominated to replace the carpet in the dining room with hardwood floors before Thanksgiving! Guess what im doing tomorrow?
Hmm, guess what you're doing tomorrow,..... filing for divorce? :105:
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

4thgen57

Negative, a trip to lowes and the carpet is now removed. So what was a lower quarter for the custom is now bundles of wood flooring in the back of truck.

RICH MUISE

[applaud][smite]

Re: Morning coffee

? Reply #46 on: Today at 07:00:48 AM ?

Quote: Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I finally managed to get up and on line....this Vista program really hacks me off.  Updates to the security and operating software take over the stupid thing.  Can't even look at the news!  Then when the updates are all done and over with the system operates flawlessly
Bill, I leave mine on 24/7. It is set to do updates and full security scans at 3 am. It'll restart itself if required.

RICH MUISE

Hmm..not sure what I did on that post, but I guess you can figure out I was quoting Bill, and my reply.

RICH MUISE

Morning guys. Still cold outside but the air is still, so it isn't too bad..got the heaters turned on in the garage, so hopefully in a few hours I can get out there. That storm that hit the SW is headed here later today though.
We've got 4 cats that live outside that won't come in. water dish frozen solid! 2 of the 4 have had their shots, and have been fixed. 2 others still a little too wild yet. Our 4 inside cats  have all been fixed. Neighborhood was being overrun with cats a few years ago. Had to take a bunch to the "shelter"..just killed me. Funny...all three of our dogs know which cats are ok, and which to run off. Fun to watch our cats go up and nuzzle our Husky.
Got my security system fixed Thurs., btw. This guy actually knew what he was doing. He took one look at where my garage was, and said "I know your problem,it's too far. I've got a booster unit in the truck that'll take care of it." Had it installed in 20 minutes and then came in and upgraded the radio in our panel from a 2G to a 4G. He's built a couple older trucks, so we talked about that for a while. We were talking about getting old, he asked how old I was. I told him I'd be 67 next week. Turns out he was also born on Thanksgiving.

410ranchero

Cold outside my azz! Its like 6 degrees in Milwaukee this morning.  The wife and I are enjoying our morning coffee at the local Firestone shop getting a wheel bearing replaced on the caddy.  Not planned but I guess when I replaced the other one 5,000 miles ago I should have done both. 140,000 miles on a wheel bearing is doing good I guess.

hiball3985

Quote from: 4thgen57 on 2013-11-22 22:26
Negative, a trip to lowes and the carpet is now removed. So what was a lower quarter for the custom is now bundles of wood flooring in the back of truck.
Been there done that, hope you were smarter then me and bought an instillation tool, I didn't. I made it to the end of the first row and then had to head for the shop and build a homemade one  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang