News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Yep 6 degrees is a bit cold. I thought you Milwaukee people had beer for breakfast.
Funny story...I've been following a build thread on the Hamb. Don't remember names, or all the exact details..but this guy has been into building clones of well known 50's customs and after finishing his last one decided he really wanted to do another....a late 40's car that was done in the early 50's, was well known in the show and magazine circuits. The original car was totalled by it's second owner in the late 50's, but the builder/original owner was still alive (he's 88), and there were lots of pics. The guy is a fanatic on details when building a clone. When it was getting close to the paint stage, he started checking into the paint color that he knew the name of, but there were no color photos. Apparently Chrysler used the color on different makes for a number of years. Wanting to be as accurate as posible, he made, or had made(not sure which) 18 different color cards and sent them to the original builder to see if he could pick the version that was the closest.
He got the package back with a note on the stack of cards that said "yup, that's the color".
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

4thgen57

Dining room is done, other than trim. Snowing like crazy. fire goin and soup on the stove.

gasman826

While sucking coffee this morning, I was inspecting my new glass.  Checked venders and internet.  Went local, six pieces with the vent windows installed (my gaskets) for $361.00 out the door!  Cheaper than any price just for the glass without shipping.  You guys that have installed vent windows and gaskets can relate to that task.

RICH MUISE

Hell of a price for including installation to the vent window.

RICH MUISE

Gonna be rough driving for a while. We only got a few inches of snow, but it's on top of ice, and it's not going to warm up enough to melt today.

gasman826

Unfortunately, bubble wrapped the glass and put away for another day.  House remodel trumps car work.

Weather report: COLD

RICH MUISE

Good day to stay inside and watch a bunch of football. Great SD/KC game..8 lead changes, and Kc lost, putting my Broncos alone in 1st place. That is, at least until they play the Pats tonight...not sure about that game. I'll honestly be surprised if the Broncos pull it off. I think Manning is the better QB, but Brady is the better passer...should make for an interesting game.
I sure miss baseball. I got thinking today, I wonder if winter baseball will ever come about. Not sure if they've got enough domed stadiums to make it work. I'm surprised I've never heard any discusions about it. Seems like somebody with a spare few billion would try it.
I was working on a list of things I still need to purchase for my '57....sure is depressing....although for sure not as bad as it was 5 years ago.

Ford Blue blood

A fine morning in the hills of VA.  Had an uneventful drive, slept well and all is quiet.  Kids and grandkids are still in bed, have a cup of coffee and the only noise is the whistling and bird chirping from the myriad of electronic devices they think they can't live without.  Truck did well as usual, got 55K on that bad boy (2010), should be close to 60 by the end of the year.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Limey57

4 degrees C but clear skies here this morning, still the same now at 2.05pm.  Working from home today and seriously considered venturing into the garage at lunch time for an hour on the Ranchero.  I'm still seriously considering it and probably still will be when its time to go to bed!  Oh well, theres always tomorrow......
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I think it's cold just about everywhere.  another good day to just stay in the house and stay warm. I think Limey's spot on..seems like I'm always saying "there's always tommorrow".
LOL...I fell asleep on the couch last night. Woke up this morning remembering this dream I had about my team blowing a 24 to nothing half time lead. Oh well, I guess stranger things have happened. Wait, shoot,......that wasn't a dream. Strange game. Think the weather was a factor? The first 52 points scored in that game were all going with the wind! Denver scored 24 in the first 1/2, then at 1/2 time when they switch ends, NE scored the next 28.

Zapato

Sorry Rich but being a lifelong Raider fan always glad when someone beats Denver, god knows the Raiders won't, so have to settle for second best.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I'm use to it...my brother is a Raider's fan...not sure why. You'd think with us being from Mass. at least one of us would be a Pats fan. He is a Red Sox fanatic though. It was great (particularly for him as it turned out) a few years ago when My Rockies met the Sox in the World Series.

Limey57

Dragged my butt into the garage at 5.00pm and spent half an hour heat-quench shrinking some of the dents in the bed/cab bulkhead.  I thought there was only one or two, but I've come to the conclusion that someone must have used the pickup bed as a bowling alley at some point..........

According to the forecast the temperature is set to climb to a scorching 8 degrees at the end of the week, I'll only have to wear two pairs of socks in the garage this weekend then.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Frankenstein57

That's almost 50 degrees Fahrenheit, don't know if that's cold around here. I sat in the woods all day Saturday, it was 19 when I went out. Nasty wind all day, just sucked.

Frankenstein57

Had a good visit on Friday, fellow members Troy, and his wife Jesse (410ranchero) drove up from Clarksville Tennesee. They came up to purchase a complete ems floor I had, as well as other panels. The timing was good, as I was leaving for deer hunting season opener on Friday night. We had a good visit looking over my projects, then we went for a ride in my 58. That turned out to be quite timely,we got a couple inches of snow this morning at drive time, so lots of salt was put down, time to put the hot rods away for winter. They said they were stopping to see Tom Drummonds collection on the way home, he is about an hour and a half from me. Troy is a lucky guy, his wife Jesse seems to share his passion for the 57's,  Mark