Stance info and Wheel Tire all USERS invited to add their car

Started by abe_lugo, 2020-11-25 14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Seeing that Im going to redoing my car, I want to collect some info from active users. I see some say the aerostar springs lowered their car too much. others are stock.  This would be a place where we can see side views with wheel and tire info and suspension mods or stock. I actual would like to get the stock numbers from an know stock car to have here also.
#1 add wheel tire info, we can look up diameters if so inclined.

A. Measurement from front corner at fender.
B. Measurement from rear corner at start of curve
C. Measurement from bottom of lower qtr. seeing that some people may have different bumpers.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

gasman826

- Granada spindles
- old worn out springs
- 255X55-17 tires

gasman826

- Granada spindles
- air bags
- 26x6xR15 tires

abe_lugo

I forgot got you should add a side view of you have it
A 7.5"
B 10"
C 16"
I have 14" keystones Klassy? Right!
205/75r14
Versailles front spindle, about 2 coils cut on the front springs - Moving to Aerostar Springs soon. Stock rear, maybe saggy springs too. will compare to the parts car.

Here it is after dragging it out from my Brothers house, after 15 years of professional Desert Patina service. Engine still runs to my surprise.

lalessi1

Mine is up on jack stands right now so I can't measure. I have Aerostar springs, 1/2" spring spacers, and stock spindles in front. In the rear I have 6 leaf springs, 1" lowering blocks and Gabriel Highjackers (deflated in the picture). My wheels are 15x7 / 235/60 tires in front and 15x8 275/60 in the rear. Doing it again I would use the stock springs in front with dropped spindles and maybe 2" lowering blocks in the back. I MIGHT cut 1 coil off the front springs.
Lynn

fdlrc

lalessi1; Curious what you are using for those 1/2" spacers? I'm thinking of bringing mine up a notch. Haven't started looking yet, waiting for snow to fly.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

lalessi1

Check out this thread...

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=8110.0

The spacers came from Summit. Bear in mind the spacers lift is not linear.. a 1/2 spacer will raise the car more than 1/2" because of the lower control arm dimensions. Post #12 but the whole thread has useful.
Lynn

abe_lugo

Thanks for the link that makes a better case for the AC AC Delco springs someone listed.  I'm letting the cat out the bag.  I'm going to try to do a 4" drop front and rear. Yeah that low and without airbags.  I really am looking to see what the stock front and rear measurements are for A and B.  And subtract front there. Also see that it be using the G78-14 I should get a bit for lowering. 
I had 3" block in the rear and it would bump on my car.  I removed the trans hump between the rear seat bridge and the back.  But also had remove a leaf spring from the rear leafs. 

djfordmanjack

Aerostar fronts, 2"l/b in back. 8.00-14 on 5x14 (1964 Mustang) wheels. will have to measure to lower body, but lowest front frame is only 4.5" off ground. pretty much what is needed for this country's tech inspection. (4.33")

lalessi1

Got around to measuring mine. A 7", B 9.75", C 17.5".
Lynn

bivenspack

2 different wheel/tire combos on the same car.  Chrome wheels - 5 lug 17 in (Expedition/Explorer stock wheel) 245/45/17 with 1.5 inch spacer/adapter in the rear and 1.25 inch spacer/adapter in the front mounted on 70's Torino spindles, stock 57 front springs front and rear.  Same car with Boss 338 wheels - 18 inch in front on 235/45/18 and 20 inch 245/40/20 in back.  No spacer in the back,  mounted directed to the drum, in front still had the 1.25 inch spacer/adapter.  Will drop down to a 1 inch or 3/4 inch spacer adapter in the front to pull the wheel back in just a bit and perhaps a 1/4 inch spacer in the rear.  No rubbing at all in these configurations.

abe_lugo

In another thread I mentioned I was going to use the Delco springs.  I got the tires.  But wondered if anyhow knows the stock dimension from the fender lip to the front and on rear as well.  I'm aiming for a certain height and would like to have some comparison. 

I also need to knock out the lower ball joints to do this so will be trying to get it done this weekend.