News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

272 V8 air cleaner

Started by 57nut, 2011-03-05 22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

57nut

I am looking for a Air cleaner assembly for my 272 . Would like one dent free if possible . I have a single 2 barrel on it . Please help !!!!!! Thanks

Lou

All V8 57 Fords except the E and F engines used the same aircleaner. I have one, but I'll have to look for it. I like $100 for in including new paper filter and shipping. If interested email me at <vehicleone@hotmail.com> put airclearner in topic...Lou

Lou

I got a call this moring from a friend, I just sold his 57 Ford Retrackable for him and he would like to buy a 55 or 56 Crown Victoria, or possable a 55/56/57 Bird. He's not interested is a show piece, just a nice driver. He owns a garage so he's willing to do some work minor work if necessary. Minor custom is ok as long as it bolt on items. Not interested in 55s that have been converted to 12 volts.The ideal car would be a correctly restored former show car that seen some miles and shows a little wear but still a nice cruse night car. Distance is not a problem. what do you have to sell?

2drhrdtp57

Quote from: Lou on 2011-03-06 10:21
All V8 57 Fords except the E and F engines used the same aircleaner. I have one, but I'll have to look for it. I like $100 for in including new paper filter and shipping. If interested email me at <vehicleone@hotmail.com> put airclearner in topic...Lou

Incorrect, there is a two barrel and a four barrel air cleaner, the 4 barrel has a squatter wider air inlet and the two barrel a rounder inlet, there is also a diameter difference, JG
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

hogwagon

If the one Lou has will work disregard this. If Lou's is 4 barrel I have a 2 barrel one I just took off a totaled engine. Last thing i want is to get between deals but if part is unavailable elsewere.

Lou

Hogwagon, 57nut didn't contack me so I assumed he wasn't interested, perhaps he feels my price is too high.

hogwagon

Lou thanks for the reply. If the air cleaner and valve covers off of the Y block don't have any value I may try to adapt them to fit on the 302/351 that ends up in the car for looks. Might not be money thing with 57nut maybe just time issue. I'm too new here to understand anyone yet and value the input from all so don't want to get too wrapped up in the money thing.

Lou

What is the diameter of the 2 barrel and the 4 barrel carb opening of the air cleaners?
Hogwagon, if your y-block valve covers are pit and dent free I'm interested in them, I want to have a set factory set chromed as the aftermarket ones don't have the plate inside to hold the gasket and like like sieves.