News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted - Ranchero Front & Rear Bumber Brackets

Started by BWhitmore, 2011-12-28 15:02

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

WANTED:  A nice set of front and rear bumpber brackets for a 1957 Ranchero.  Also looking for a nice gas tank filler tube - 57 Ranchero.  Bill Whitmore (213)  709-8904.  Thanks.  

57AGIN

Bill:

You might want to give Steve Pierce (listed among the parts suppliers) a call.  He's located in 29 Palms about 30 miles above Palm Springs.  He seems to have just about any part needed for a 57 project and isn't too steep in price.  If you are looking for a lot of other parts for your project it could be worth the drive up there to avoid the shipping costs. 

By the way, from your 213 area code what part of So Cal are you from?  Maybe Rick and I could come over some time and check out your Ranchero and you come by Los Alamitos to check out our Custom 300's.  Rick and I are trying to get my 57 back on the road in time for the April Knott's Berry Farm show, if not sooner.

Bob
57 AGIN

BWhitmore

I live in Alhambra.  My Ranchero is about 1 year from being completed.  All body work is complete and now getting ready for paint.  All mechanical work is completed including front and rear suspension, rebuilt engine (292)  and 3 spee trans, rebuilt third member and axles, etc. 

I will make contact with Rick.  Thanks. 

57chero

Bill, I have the bumper brackets you need but the shipping is pretty high because of the length. UPS is over a $100 it is over sized according to them. Greyhound is the cheapest , from Oregon to SoCal is about $70. Come to think of it I think you bought a tailgate from me for your ranchero at the portland swapmeet a couple of years ago. Time flies when your having fun.

BWhitmore

Clayton - I was able to pick up the bumper bracket today from a local fellow.  Thanks for your response.  Hope to see you again at the Portland Swap Meet.  Regards,

Bill Whitmore

57chero

Bill, I will be down at the race track this year (portland international raceway) April 12th --14th instead of the Expo Center. Theres a lot of pissed off people not going or moving down to the racetrack because "Cirque Du Soleil" has booked the same weekend as the portland swap at the expo April 13th - 15th which will take up about 1/3 of the front parking lot.