News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

looking for wheel well repair panel

Started by fordrunner390, 2013-12-12 17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

fordrunner390

hi-fred here-dont know if anyone can help,i need repair panels for the rear quarter panels (wheel well) repair,wonder if anyone knows of anything out there? thanks in advance---fred

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum, Fred. Not sure what you're looking for, nor which model you have. You mentioned quarter panels...the lower outer quarter panels are being repoped. Ems being the best available of several manufacturers. If you have a four door, I'm honestly not sure what's available for the front half of the lower quarter panel. The inner rear quarter panels (some call them trunk drops) are also being made for both the short wheelbase models and the long wheelbase models.
You mentioned wheel wells. If you are in fact talking about the inner wheelwell, and not just the wheelwell opening in the rear quarter, unfortunatly nothing is being made to replace or repair. It's gonna take some old fashion patching/hammer and dolly work there.
EMS's link is on our list of parts and service providers located in the board just under the general discusion area.
What is it you are working on?
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fordrunner390

hi-glad to be here at 57fordsforever-fred here-i have a fairlane 500 2drht 63a and the wheel openings in the rear quarters are weak and almost rusted through,the rest of the quarter panel is in pretty good shape,so i was wondering if anyone in fordland knew of any patch panels just for the wheel openings? i have seen them for 52-54 fords but not for 57's. i really dont want to replace front and rear 1/4 patch panels. by the way guys arent 57 fords the prettiest thing henry ever made?fred

GaryI72

Welcome to the board. Fred, we are in the same boat as you. We have a four door that my Dad bought that the rear inner wells are rusting out. It is on the back burner since we are currently focused on getting the 64B back together. EMS does a lot of the panels. But, unfortunately, not these yet.

gasman826

I am taking a shot at answering a question that I may not understand.  I think you are asking about the inner structure and not the outer quarter opening.  That would be fixed with pieces of the available quarter patch panels. 

I have done inner wheel well repairs.  I have tubbed my '57.  I have also worked on tri-five chevys.  I am impressed with the similarities of the two models.  So much so that I would strongly consider buying a '57 Chevy panel.  The shape of the wheel openings are very similar.  Since you would have to massage an aftermarket panel anyway, I think the Chevy panel would be so much closer than starting with a flat piece of 18 gauge.