News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mirror Bracket

Started by fdlrc, 2020-01-27 18:22

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

The very last thing I have to do to complete my 57 Custom 300 Tudor is to install the garnish molding. Wouldn't you know it, I lost the rear view mirror mirror bracket. I'm pretty sure it was painted. This is the piece pictured that DJ posted on page one. If anyone has one let me know. I'll also post this in wanted section.  :deadhorse:

Les: ladder01@msn.com
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

KYBlueOval

I might have want you need. Does your mirror "Stem"  have a male threaded end or a female threaded end . I've seen them both ways. On my Ranchero the piece you are wanting is threaded and the mirror stem threads into it. On the Ranchero parts car I acquired, the piece you are wanting has a plate on the backside of that piece, that applies pressure on the ball mount that screws into the stem.
I know I have the second one I described above. Let me know.
John

fdlrc

Thanks, I've got one coming that has the ball end attachment style thanks to Lannie. My old one had the threads, but I hope to convert to ball type style. In 57, it sounds like both styles were available, or maybe Ranchero was different than sedan, interesting.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

KYBlueOval

If you wind up needing it, just let me know.

gasman826

The ball types are few and far between.  The ball type threads are more compatible to other options.  I can't remember the thread count but I only found it in electrical switch shafts.  I never found a die.

I used the ball type on one of my '57s with a '60 Thunderbird mirror.  The other one a made an adapter for the '60 Thunderbird mirror.