News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

EFI wiring help

Started by Raven Rider, 2015-07-09 13:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

What tool do you use to remove the electric pins in the efi harness

RICH MUISE

Jerry...I assume you are talking about the (don't know what they are called) crimped terminals that push into the connectors/housings?? If they are small round ones, I got a pin removal tool at Radio Shack. It was made for their terminals/connectors that I used under my dash for gages, etc. , and the same tool worked for both the male and female connectors. Problem probably is going to be that there seems to be a gazilion styles/shapes of terminals, each requiring it's own tool.
Short answer...bring what you got to a good electronics supply house and see what they've got.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Jerry, I assume you are asking about a Ford harness, there is a clip on the top of the connector.  Remove that first.  It just snaps in.  You will need a small flat tipped screw driver for that.  I modified a small jewelers screw driver to fit inside the connector to depress the flange that holds the pin or socket into the housing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

actually I know how to unplug the connectors it's removing the pins as Rich replied

JPotter57

Jerry, what Bill is describing is the way I de-pin harnesses.  There are special tools for tehm, but you can get by with a small straight screwdriver or even a paper clip sometimes.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Jerry...Bill wasn't talking about unplugging the connectors..he was talking about most connectors having a snap-in retainer that goes on the connector on the wire entry side...kind of an additional retaining device aside from the prong on the terminals. That retainer has to be removed from the connector before you can work on getting the individual wires out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

My bad   :-[ I got it  Thanks to all.