Need new type radiator for my 4 Dr custom,

Started by smurfee, 2020-06-06 08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfee

Need new style radiator for my 4Dr custom , 302 auto, top hose on pass side, bottom hose on Dr. Side,trans has seperate cooling, please e mail me at 1957Ford@Comcast.net
NEVER LOOK BACK

RICH MUISE

Another lost member back.....awesome. Great to see you too, Smurf. Many of us have used the radiators from www.autocityclassic.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was building Cobras, I would contact Ron Davis, they would build us what ever we needed, to spec.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

SkylinerRon

That's the stock Y-Block set-up. Was your car a 6 cyl?  If so all you need is a stock V-8 radiator if the hose diameters are the same on a 302.

Ron.

smurfee

Hi guys,can someone please tell me which radiator I need
NEVER LOOK BACK

CobraJoe

If it were me, I'd call my favorite ? radiator supplier and explain my needs and go with there recommendations.

Just my $0.02
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

EBay has over 500 new aluminum replacement radiators for 1957 Ford from $132 to $743 shipped.  When I had the Y-Block, I replaced the factory brass radiator with one of the economy aluminum radiators.  It bolted right in with right hose size and placement...even the transmission cooling lines.  Worked great and cooled better than the near 60 year old original. 

When I replaced the Y-Block with the Windsor (302/351), the hoses switched over and cooled just fine. 

When the Windsor got boosted up to 550 HP, I replaced the econo radiator with a bolt-in Griffin (the $743 version). 

With no AC and stock 302/C4, I think one of those econo, aluminum radiators would do just fine.  It doesn't matter if the car was originally a 6 or 8 cylinder, the radiator was different but the core support is the same.