News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Ranchero Resurrection

Started by KYBlueOval, 2018-10-27 11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Good idea with foot operated brake. When changing over to rear discs, it's almost imposible to get enough pressure on the hand pulled cable to actually be able to use it as an emergency brake, at least for an old dude with little arm strength left. Parking brake application barely works. If I still lived in Colorado, I would have already converted to a foot operated.
Ha, had a long senior moment this year. I had tried several times to adjust the cable so the parking brake would actually work. I knew I was going to the NSRA show and needed it to work to pass inspection. Did a last adjustment, got distracted, and never did check it before I left for the show. There were 4 guys checking everything on the car, and one told me to get in while they checked all the starting safety things, then told me to put it in park, put my foot on the brake, and set the emergency brake. He told me to put it in drive and take my foot off the brake. I thought, sheeeeet, here goes my inspection, but it held. What was my senior moment, you may be wondering?.........I don't think I ever had my foot on the brake in the past when I tried to set the parking brake.........DUH!!!! I rarely use it in any of my cars.
I did get the highest inspection sticker they give out......the "safety 23"
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

Great work John. It's really coming along nice!

KYBlueOval

Here are some photos of the Flat floor behind the seat. Used 13 Ga for the flat floor. The two raised pieces in the first photo are bases for what I'll call"Pull Outs", that attach to these bases. They are constructed of a pair of ball bearing drawer slides and a flat platform to which, on the passenger side, the fuse panel mounts and on the driver side, the computer mounts. When you need to access either, you slide them out from under the seat. Easier then getting up under the dash. I'll post a photo of the actual pieces I'm referring to at a later date, as they are made and put away.

KYBlueOval

Cut the dash for the center AC vents and modified the ash tray for a 12 volt plug in and a  Dual USB.

Started on modifying the firewall where the wiper motor used to mount. A new panel is being made that will mimic the panel on the passenger side of the hood latch. The other holes you see will be filled for a clean look.

lalessi1

Very nice. Super clean and well thought out!!! Jealous!
Lynn

CobraJoe

Nice work, I'm subscribed!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

KYBlueOval

Driver's side of the firewall  and the pinch weld cleaned up.

Ford Blue blood

John it is coming along very nicely!  Like the fire wall mods!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

stunning bodywork ! beautiful !

RICH MUISE

Looking great, John. The pinch weld flange dress-up is something I wished I had done to mine, so I realized after I got the paint on. :(

Jeff Norwell

Incredible work John.
Question.. is your gauge cluster an aftermarket piece?... the reason i ask i=s one of my 57's had the same piece and I always wondered who the manufacture was... or maybe you made yours?

Any rate... fantastic work.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

KYBlueOval

Jeff and Rich.........my instrument cluster is Home Made. There are two studs on the back along the bottom and the two screws at the top that you can see,that secure it. Very easy to remove if necessary The Instruments are VDO, Cockpit Royale. VDO makes the Tach and Speedometer in two Diameters. I have the smaller size that is 3 1/8' as I recall. The larger is 3 3/8". Not a lot of difference in size, but with limited real estate to work with the smaller size worked best for me.

KYBlueOval

Been working on the Hood Release cable, and the Hood Release Handle and the Parking Brake Release Handle. Still in need of a used Hood Release Cable,to use parts of it on the Parking Brake Release Handle. Also been working on placement of '66 T'Bird console. It will be modified for a Floor Shift. Slowly but surely it is coming along.

CobraJoe

Looking good John!   :thumbsup:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane