News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Ranchero Resurrection

Started by KYBlueOval, 2018-10-27 11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Looking good John. That looks like a 59 hood latch? I just recently installed one, just love it, I can close the hood with one finger.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KYBlueOval

Jim, you are correct sir it is a '59 latch. The cable going to it is what is remaining of a Lokare Kick Down Cable. The factory release cable is inside the Lokar Kick Down Cable Sheath.

KYBlueOval

We have been working on adapting a '66 T' Bird Console ( got it all.....everything !) to the Ranchero. It is mounted by 4 bolts to brackets welded to the tunnel. Extending the sides to get down to where it will meet the carpet. The back end of the console will be extended to meet the bulkhead.  Slow work. The console will use the '66 T'Bird Radio up at the top of the console, in its original location. Heat and Air controls below the radio. Using a Lokar cable shifter. Might be able to fit a couple of small cup holders IF there is room.

RICH MUISE

Looking good, John. I'm amazed at how many 65-66 T-Birds have donated interior components to hot rods. I love having a full console in my '57, as I'm sure you will.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

If using the Vintage Air Gen IV, use the cable converters.

KYBlueOval

Gary, I'm assuming the cable converters are for use with the factory heater controls. Correct me if that is wrong.
I'm using the Vintage Air ,Gen IV Heat, Air and Defrost Evaporator and the Gen IV Rectangular Control Panel. No cables, 100% electronic.

gasman826

just an option...OEM HVAC controls convert to Vintage Air Gen IV electronics.  I did it for the '65 Thunderbird controls and the '57 controls.

KYBlueOval

You got my attention with that news. Please tell me more. How are the parts listed at Vintage Air? Or anything else you can tell me about using these cable converters.
THANK you!

gasman826

The link is to the VA website INSTRUCTIONS for install instructions for '69-70 Mustang controls.  The Mustang control kit will come with the converters, hardware and wire.  Unfortunately, the ECU is different from the one you have.  VA might swap the ECU you have for the 204 ECU that is required.

https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/474170.pdf

KYBlueOval

Thanks Gary, great information, I'll read this over and decide if it will work for me.
John

KYBlueOval

Been working on the console. Slow work, but making progress. Console is from a '66 T'Bird as are the seats.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

This is going to be good! Soooo many others just looked like they were just dropped in there and look out of place. Details details details. That's what makes the difference.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Now that is what you call craftsmanship. I wish I was that talented.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KYBlueOval

Been working on the console. Easier to work on it out of the car. The'66 T'Bird radio is mounted in it's original location. Below it is the Vintage Air Control Panel. Below the radio and inside the console is a first generation Pioneer Amp, that I'd like to use provided it works.  I've owned the Amp since it was new and it dates to 1978 and is a Whopping 12 Watts!  I was a Manufacturer's Rep. in the Consumer Electronics business in1978 and this amp was cutting edge stuff in 1978!
In the second photo, you can see a white piece of cardboard. That is the template for a pair of SS Cup holders. Very tight fit.