News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front Fender fitment question.

Started by KYBlueOval, 2023-08-24 15:47

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm in the process of installing both front fenders, and I'm not sure about the very front portion of the inner fender location, relative to the fender. In the photo below, you can see that the inner fender is behind the fender.
Is that correct? I think it is.
I ask, as the two fenders are very, very tight to the hood.

Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

I had the exact same question when I did mine. I believe you have it correct. Have you fitted the nose piece yet? I'm pretty sure the inner fender would keep the nose piece from fitting tight against the outer fender if the inner was sandwiched in between, and the nosepiece should separate the fenders so there is enough space for the hood.

It's good your doing fitment prior to paint. I didn't and the aftermarket headlight surround I used had the wrong angle in the area we're talking about........hated to have to rework and repaint, but ended up doing exactly that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I did check mine, and it's the way you have it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Yes, the fenders go over the inner as you have them. John the nose piece needs to go in before the bolts on the bracket that hook the radiator support to the inner fender are tightened down.  With the nose in place and the brackets loose the fenders will slide slightly side to side together to "even" the hood gap on both sides.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval