News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

shocks

Started by terry_208, 2023-10-02 16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

I bought rear shocks for the sedan but was surprised they didn't come with the proper washers and bushings.  My car has the large hole for a washer that acts as a bushing in the attaching hole.

Has anyone else found this situation?  If so, how was the problem solved? 

I made pucks to fill the hole but want to see how others solved the problem before welding them in.

I am installing Grand Marques disks and don't plan on running big tires so clearance isn't my question.

Thnaks for the replies.
Terry

59meteor

I have never bought new shocks, front or rear, that did not come with the rubber cushions, washers, and nuts. What brand did you buy?
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

terry_208

I purchased "Master-Pro" shocks.  They came with washers and cushions but the washers don't have the little "step" to fit into the 5/8" hole.  There's no way the flat bottomed washers won't skate around.

Perhaps I could dress a fender washer down to mate into the hole and weld it onto the supplied washer thus giving a shoulder. 

Any suggestions where I can get the correct shocks, washers and cushions?
Terry