News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rack and pinion website

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-01-14 21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Yeay!!  we have a new website for John's (yellowagon) rack and pinion setup for our '57's. I added it to our list of links. it is stfabrications...check it out. It's 2nd from the bottom on our links post. I could have put the link here but I really wanted anyone who hasn't seen our list to check it out.
john (yellowagon)...I'm sorry I don't know your last name Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Alex L.

i checked out the website and there was nothing on there about price, Do you know how much those setup's cost?

wildhog

Alex, The cost of the rack and pinion is $995.00 plus shipping $40.00-$50.00 depending on your location. John always gives free shipping to guys on this site. I can e-mail you more pictures and information or look under gallery cars under construction ,you can see the set up on tarheels frame and wildhogs ranchero. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Alex L.

Thank you, i will check out the galleries. At some time in the future when i have money i might like to install something like that.

wildhog

Bubba, You can call me at 815-871-8017 any time. thanks tom

Alex L.

I was looking at the particulars on the website. What type of connector would be used to connect the 3/4" double d shaft to the factory column on a 57?

wildhog

Alex, What you would use is the 3/4 double to a 3/4 round, with would weld onto the original 57 sterring shaft. Tom

Alex L.

Wildhog

Other than welding the conversion dealy onto the end of the column what else, as far a column mods, is required?
I have been looking at various threads about rack installs and most seem to require extensive column mods.

wildhog

Alex, What motor and transmission are you using? some what depends on what can be done with original column. You shorten column and install bushing in end of tube and weld joint to shaft. make a couple of straps to mount column to floor, or buy mount from a hot rod shop. All easy to do if you are handy at all. Call if you have any questions 815-871-8017 Thanks Tom

Alex L.

I currently have a 351w backed up by either a c4 or c6, i can't remember which.

Those mods don't seem particularly difficult, i can certainly manage that.

If i can't do that i should probably give up and buy a Honda, or eat a cyanide pill...... I don't know which would be worse.

RICH MUISE

Tom or John...looks like I'll have the money for your r&p setup by the end of the week. Please post or pm me an address to mail a bank check or money order (which do you prefer?). Also I'll need to know who to make the check to.I'll be using a '97 Mustang steering column assembly that has the Mustang exclusive wedge shaped connectors. Borgenson makes knuckles and bars that shape if needed. I have the Mustang multi-knucled connectors and firewall support all the way to where it hooked up with the R&P on the Mustang. I'll call you at the number you posted above to talk about where the best point to make the conversion to the double D would be.
thanks Rich

wildhog

Rich, I will have John get a hold of you and we will get it done. Tom

yellowwagon

rich either way is ok you can call me at 815-742-6365 and we can talk about your connections and any thing else you might have concerns about sparky

RICH MUISE

The check went out in the mail yesterday. One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm using the Granada dropped spindles..don't know if it makes a difference on the connections. Rich

wildhog

Rich,I am running Granada spindels on all 3 of my 57's, also we have guys running our kit with Fatmans dropped spindels , with no problems. Tom