News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rack and pinion website

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-01-14 21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Awesome. thanks,  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

John, Tom:
Received my setup yesterday. Great packing box Sparky! I anxiously popped the lid of last night to get a peak and everything looks really really good....later today I'll unstrap everything just to get a closer look. It'll be in the box for another month or so while I finish up my painting. I love new toys. Thanks.   Rich

stevewible

greetings all. i`m building a `57ford sedan delivery with wurth-it rack and pinion. when i was bleeding the system, the seal blew. i`ve been lookin for a replacement seal(where the column attaches to the rack) but i was told the r/p was a 81-82 granada, but unable to locate the right sized seal. does anyone know if there is a cross reference for another model that would work? i too was a victim of wurth-it designs, after 8-months, i received the parts. thanks for any info you can spread. steve  ps. the beast is running after many years of surgery.

KidKourier

Steve are you sure it's a Granada rack? Usually Rick used '87-'92 Chevy Cavalier racks and recommends using DC Enterprises Granada disc brake/spindle kit.Also you can buy a new Cavalier rack at Napa for around $100,so they should have a replacement seal. Kid Kourier

stevewible

THANKYOU KID. I BOUGHT THE UNIT AND WAS TOLD IT WAS GRANADA. BUT....... I WILL CHECK TO SEE IF IT`S A CHEVY. UGH,,,, I GOT A CHEVY PART ON MY FORD. THANKYOU FOR THE INFO, AND napa IS WHO I USE CONSISTANTLY. IT LOOKS ASTHOUGH I WILL HAVE SOME STOCK PARTS FROM THE REBUILD, A LIST IS COMING. THANKS AGAIN ,STEVE

RICH MUISE

I think Kid is correct...Cavalier rack, not Granada. And I belive that would be the same as what John (Yellowagon) uses.

Ford Blue blood

Yup, Cavalier, Grand Am and what ever else GM had in that platform at the time.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

stevewible

thankyou for the confirmation on the rack and pinion for my `57 sedan delivery. i eventually ended up at CJ AUTOMOTIVE,5909 FIRESTONE BLVD SOUTHGATE, 562 8066464. THESE GUYS DO A LOT OF RACKS, THEY MADE MY DAY. $5 SEAL TOOK ME 72-HOURS TO FIND, AND IT WAS ALL OVER IN SECONDS. I WAS GOING TO BUY ANOTHER RACK BECAUSE I COULDN`T FIND THE RIGHT SEAL!!! WITH "0" MILES ON IT. TOMORROW IT WILL GO BACK IN, AND WILL LOOK AT THE ELECTRIC FAN LAY-OUT. UNLESS OF COURSE THE SURF IS GOOD!!! ALOHA  AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EXPERTISE.   STEVE