News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tired of your AM Radio?

Started by ROKuberski, 2013-05-21 22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

Today, I made a very simple modification to my stock AM radio.  I added a connection so that I could feed music from an outside source.  You can use an iPod type device or, I also have an app on my smart phone that turns it into an FM radio.  All you have to do is run a shielded pair of wires to the volume control where the signal is feed into it by the original circuit.  One wire to ground and one wire to the volume control.  You do not cut any of the existing wires.  Take the pair of wires outside of the radio to a mini plug.  Tie the stereo ports on the plug together and send that part of the signal to the volume control wire, the other wire is the ground part of the plug.  Tune the radio to a dead spot and plug in your new source.  I did it in less than two hours and most of that time was in removing and reinstalling the radio.  It works just fine.

It's a little hard to see in the picture.  If you have any questions, let me know.

Rich

JPotter57

Now that is cool...Thanks for sharing, Rich...really cool.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.