News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

station wagon weatherstrip

Started by jwtdvm, 2014-09-22 09:20

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Pete , thank you for your reply ! I was searching for those seal details for hours yesterday. finally I dug into the original Ford part manual and part numbers book. even that is confusing. the lower tail gate should have a seal of its own #B7A 5914608-A , but I couldn't find it anywhere on the market. I think it should be on the vertical parts and horizontal at the hinge areas. Obviously I will have to use universal seal as you did. I have the 360? liftgate seal from Macs. I found out something interesting. the u shaped rubber, that goes all the around the cargo opening I thought was some kind of a seal. looking through the Ford manual it stated 'anti squeak'. so now I understand. my car was missing most of these rubber parts, so it makes it more difficult for me to understand their functions.
I am trying to use windlace around the opening, the same as used in the front door openings. thanx again for your explanation!