News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

AC compressor installation help

Started by Wirenut, 2015-09-06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

I need some help with some brackets for my ac compressor and power steering pump. I have a Sanden compressor and stock ps pump on the driver side. The engine is a 86 302. The brackets vintage air sell is fine for the ac compressor but is for the old ps pump. I am running a serpentine belt and pulley system and would like to know if anyone has installed a set up using factory brackets. I have been to a few salvage yards and tried several brackets without any success. I am trying not to break the bank with some of the aftermarket billet brackets. I tried a bracket from a 85 ford truck and the ps bracket fits but the ac bracket is misaligned to fit the compressor plus the water pump bracket won't fit. I have attempted to modify some brackets but can't seem to get a good fit. A lot of the conversion kits use a v belt and old style ps pump. Anyone been down this road that could direct me to a year model that would bolt on I would appreciate the help.

lalessi1

What power steering pump do you plan on using?
Lynn

Wirenut

It's a OEM pump. The Cardone is a match from what I can find. The book doesn't show a brand. It has a plastic reservoir and a 6an discharge port. 3 bolt mounting

Kenny

Hi.  I am running a 302 with serpentine system in my 57 and found that BC Broncos has some great and affordable brackets for just about any combination for that engine.  I run a Sanden compressor and a GM Saginaw PS pump to power my GM ps rack.  Lots of guys run 302 s in Broncos so these guys make and supply lots of stuff.

Wirenut

Thanks Kenny, I found your post last night and googled BC Broncos. They're about an hour from my house. I will check with them. I found brackets with Vintage air but they won't fit my ps pump so it looks like whatever I do I'm changing my pump to a Saginaw. Thank you