News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Country Sedan Script

Started by alstoy, 2009-05-03 23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

Hi Guys, Alan from New Zealand here, (South Pacific for the geographically challenged), I am half way through a custom job on a 57 Country Sedan Wagon. After a very careful dismantle job one of my Grandsons broke one of the 'Country Sedan' Scripts that go on the right rear. Anyone got one lying around they can spare ??

robhaerr

Sorry, Alan...I do not have one.

However...would love to see photos of your project!

Not too many wagons on here...my wagon does not have the script...actually no logos or hood ornament.

alstoy

Yeah have considered the clean look, not sure though. Car came very clean from Nevada with all of the trim. I have admired your car on the net before. At the moment mine is body off, at the painters / panel shop for prep. We are working on rekitting the frame. Disks on the front, lowered front and rear, Scratching our heads a bit on wheel sizes etc. What have you done ?

I have a 351w Crate engine and sticking a C4 on it. Only photos at the moment are of it in bits, will post some when we get a little further down the track with putting it back together. Colors are another ongoing debate, leaning towards an old school yellow and white at the moment.

KidKourier

Try Steve Pierce---3434 Pearl Springs Ave. Twentynine Palms,California--(310)631-0053 he carries alot of '57 Ford parts and has a couple of 4-dr wagons at his shop! P.S. He does ship internationally. KID

alstoy

shopratwoody

Check out the 55 or 6 TBird Yellow. I did a Ranchero that yellow and the orig. white for a guy I
built one for. It looked real good. It might be called Goldenrod Yellow. It's been years.
I hate blocksanding!

alstoy

Thanks for that, will check the yellow out. Sounds like what I am looking for

Thanks. AL

johns2000

Let me know if you didn't find one, I should have one you can have.

John

robhaerr

Thanks for the nod, AL.

The wheels on my wagon are American Torque Thrust II, 15x7.

The tires are 205 60 15...but the rear tires rub the wheel opening when I go up a driveway at an angle. I will go back to 65 or 70 series tires on the back. I had 70 series before, and they did not rub. I may keep 60 series on the front...not sure.

I am currently building a mild cruisin' 302...mainly because I got this motor very cheaply. My first choice was a 351. If you want to spend time watching my engine build, you can watch the year-long journey with some of my friends thru the episodes here...
http://www.vimeo.com/1149979

Sounds like you are going to have a great ride when you are done!

Cheers!
Rob

alstoy

Thanks for the input guys, looking at various photo's and comments, we are now going to go with a mostly clean look, so not looking for a Script now. Awesome website for reference, idea's, opinions. It has already solved a few problems we were having. Look for further posts when I get stuck.

Cheers AL 

kiwi ragtop

Hi Al I live in Christchurch I am sure you know where that is. If you change your mind about putting the scripts back on let me know I have a pair, they need rechroming but still an option