News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted Heater Control Valve

Started by Gordie T, 2010-05-20 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordie T

Hi all;

I'm new to this site and thought I ask for help.  I have a 58 Fairlane with a leaking Heater Control Valve.  It is a Ranco valve that is controlled by the heater cable and a copper tube winding in front of my heater core.  I believe it is part no. B7A 18502-B....It is the same part on 58 as 57.

Thanking you in advance for help.

Gordie T

RICH MUISE

the B7A would indicate that it is a part first used in 57 cars. I believe I recently saw a n.o.s. control valve on ebay, and while you're there check a seller sviper63. He gets a ton of n.o.s. parts for everything and I might have seen that control valve on his ebay email to me
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Gordie T

Thanks for the ideas but Concours does not have one.  Any else have an idea?

cheers

Gt

Gordie T

Nope, they don't have the kind with the coil attached.  Help?

1957 Ranch Joe

I have one just pulled air box last week and this one is in real good shape heater core also good shape Reagrds Joe Hobbs

Gordie T

Thanks Joe, but the kind I am looking for does not have any vacuum lines to it, nor does it use a cricket valve....I'll keep looking ...thanks for the thought though..

Gt

RICH MUISE

there were 2 different ones from 2 places on ebay today. go to ebay motors/parts and accesories, fill in ford, leave model blank, fill in 1957. when the listing come up, sort by newly listed and they should be on first or second page.

Gordie T

Getting warmer, but nope, not the one I am looking for.

Thanks anyway....Mine has a coil of copper tubing off to the side that also controlled the Ranco valve.

Gt