News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

stanless trim piece

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2014-12-21 07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

mtwilsonboy

I was polishing my stainless trim getting ready to reassemble my skyliner and discovered Im missing a piece. I need the lower right front fender piece of trim. If anyone has one in good shape I would like to buy it. Thanks,

57chero

I have a nice straight one with no dents just needs polishing for the lower right (pass. side) front fender $35 plus shipping.

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: 57chero on 2014-12-21 12:54
I have a nice straight one with no dents just needs polishing for the lower right (pass. side) front fender $35 plus shipping.

I'll take it. you have to give me an address and shipping charges and I will send you the money. Thanks,

57chero

jumping jack flash

Hmmm, I hope that trim you have isn't a spare for the ranchero. The one he needs is the same as a hardtop. You most likely already know that, but I would hate for you to send him  a piece of trim that won't work. That's a good price, by the way and I too am looking for some ranchero, or custom 300 , or del rio  trim pieces. I'll post those request on my own entry though.

57chero

I know the upper trim piece on the front fender has a different profile on the fairlane 500 and skyliners compared to the Custom 300 but I'm pretty sure the bottom piece is the same on any model 57. Right?

jumping jack flash

Nope, I believe it is directional too. It has a top and a bottom to the spear which means it has a left and a right side. Some of you hardtop guys help us out here...It's been a long time for me to mess with anything but the Ranchero.

57chero

I know there is a left and right on the lower piece, what I meant was the lower pieces are identical on any body style that uses them for the front fender. the uppers are different for the custom 300, there more flat compared to the Fairlane 500 that has a higher peak profile.

Ford Blue blood

I believe the lowers have a different profile as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mtwilsonboy

The piece of trim I got from 57chero was the right piece I asked for. The problem is that after looking at my trim I realized that I needed the drivers side lower fender trim.I guess I should have looked closer before looking for a piece of trim.

SkylinerRon

The upper pieces and the golds are different.
The lower strips are the same 300/500. (All frt fenders are the same stamping.)
Left&rights are of course different.
Goodluck,
Ron.

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-01-03 23:38
The upper pieces and the golds are different.
The lower strips are the same 300/500. (All frt fenders are the same stamping.)
Left&rights are of course different.
Goodluck,
Ron.
[/quo
When I first got the car there was no trim on it so I had to find it and buy it on the web. I was confused about exactly which trim I needed, but I think I have it straight now. Needless to say I have a lot of extra trim that I wont be using. I actually have a lot of extra parts that I will probably sell when I am done. The car is in the paint shop and will be done by the end of the week, then I can start assembling the rest of the car.