News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

T-85 parts

Started by dan, 2019-06-28 14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

dan

Looking for extension housing and side cover assembly for my '57 312  T85 WITHOUT OD. I have a side cover but no shifter assemblys or forks. I don't know if any of these parts interchange with other BW trannys??

Thanks!

hiball3985

Quote from: dan on 2019-06-28 14:22
Looking for extension housing and side cover assembly for my '57 312  T85 WITHOUT OD. I have a side cover but no shifter assemblys or forks. I don't know if any of these parts interchange with other BW trannys??

Thanks!
You might try over here for info, maybe parts too if you haven't already
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fordtransmissionforum/
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

thomasso

No parts interchange between T85 And T86s.  T85 were also used in high performance Mopars and Jeep Wagoners with 327 AMC engine.  And there may be others such as Rebel etc. Also I think most Fords were with R11 OD.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

hiball3985

They did have a non OD T85. I've never seen one but they are listed.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

dan

Thanks for the info.....I did find the parts I needed! The only breakdown of the parts for the non OD unit in my ford books is for the supercharged version. Can't find assembly instructions for the non OD, non S/C unit.....

Hoosier Hurricane

The assembly instructions should be the same for supercharged and non supercharged.  Older Motors and Chilton manuals had transmission rebuild instructions, if you don't have one available, you might try the local library.   John

SkylinerRon

Most all Ford 3 speeds assemble the same.
You will need a dummy shaft to hold the bearings inside the cluster gear while it sits in the bottom of the trans during assembly.

Ron.

thomasso

Done dozens of 3 speeds. Never needed that dummy shaft.  Stiff grease holds the needles fine.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

SkylinerRon

I hate doing a job twice, a dowel is very cheap insurance.

Ron.