News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford o to t5

Started by drof75, 2018-07-12 10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

drof75

57 fairlane 500. I looked at the pedal assembly under the dash, and it looked like all I would need is the clutch pedal arm. It looked like the rod from the clutch ped would have the brake ped on it. Am I correct or did I miss something.

gasman826

Yes, but the automatic brake pad is a little too wide...get a manual brake pedal too.

RICH MUISE

Isn't the automatic pedal also different up top where the shaft passes thru? I'm thinking it is, and may not be able to just add a clutch pedal. If what drof75 has was an original manual setup to begin with, with just the clutch pedal removed and replaced with a spacer, then easy peasy.
When I converted mine from manual to auto, I used an auto pedal from a '61, with whatever spacers were with it if any, I don't remember.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Not sure if they are identical, but when I converted my 59 2 dr sedan from a 2 speed FordOMatic, to a Toploader 4 speed, I robbed the pedals and some of the clutch linkage from a 6 cyl. 3 speed 59 parts car. The automatic brake pedal used a pin with a spring clip at the end, for the brake pedal to pivot on, while the brake pedal for the manual trans pivoted on the shaft that is attatched to the clutch pedal. So the clutch pedal pivots in bushings inside the under dash pedal bracket, and the brake pedal  pivots on the clutch pedal shaft. Also the bracket was already drilled for the bracket that mounts the clutch pedal stop and over center spring. It was a very easy swap, provided you have all the correct pieces.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

drof75