News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Clips for stainless trim

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2015-07-25 08:31

Previous topic - Next topic

mtwilsonboy

Im hoping that someone could tell me which clips I should order, and give me the part number for the stainless trim that runs from side to side on the front edge of the deck lid on a 1957 skyliner. It is the piece at the bottom of the rear window but on the front edge of the deck lid. I don't know which clips will work or which to order. Help would be appreciated. Thanks,

SkylinerRon

Part # is B7A-5142516-A   9 are used. It is not used anywhere else on any car.
I've never seen any NOS or reproduced.
Never took one of those moldings off myself to know what the clip looks like exactly.
Are yours rusty or missing?

Ron.

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-07-26 02:53
Part # is B7A-5142516-A   9 are used. It is not used anywhere else on any car.
I've never seen any NOS or reproduced.
Never took one of those moldings off myself to know what the clip looks like exactly.
Are yours rusty or missing?

Ron.
Yes , I took the moldings off a few years ago and I had it painted recently and wanted to put the trim back on and couldn't find any clips that worked. Thanks for the imfo,

alvin stadel

I'm parting out 2 57 RHT,  don't have that trim off yet so don't know what kind of shape they are in. It would be a while if you want to wait.  Take care, Alvin

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2015-07-26 21:39
I'm parting out 2 57 RHT,  don't have that trim off yet so don't know what kind of shape they are in. It would be a while if you want to wait.  Take care, Alvin

I called Mac Auto and they said they don't make the clips I need any more but he had some that will work. Thanks,

SkylinerRon

Not any more? They never did!
Mac's is now owned by ecklers (the corvette guys).
I'm sure some type of universal clip will work.
You can probably find something at your local autobody supply store
for half the price.

Goodluck,

Ron.