Looking for a '58 being parted out. Need '58 dash parts. Got What I need! Thanks

Started by KYBlueOval, 2022-10-31 07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'd like to find a '58 being parted out. Any model will do as the parts I'm wanting are the same on all '58 dashes.
If you know of a '58 being parted out please leave me a P.M., with the details.
Thanks
John
 I've obtained the pieces I needed. Thanks!

57chero

What specific 58 dash parts are you needing?

KYBlueOval

'58's like '57's have a chrome bezel on either side of the steering column. On the left is ignition etc. On the right is Vent, Wipers, Lighter or Choke.

On '57's the plastic piece at the top of the bezel is black with white letters. On '58's it white plastic with black letters.

I need a good pair of the plastic pieces from a '58, White with Black letters

Thanks
John

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2022-11-07 16:06...I need a good pair of the plastic pieces from a '58, White with Black letter
A pic of a dash with the parts you want clearly marked would help. I might have something.

KYBlueOval

Here are two photos of a'58 Bezel,from the Left side of the steering column......The parts I'm wanting are the two White plastic inserts at the top of the Left and Right bezel.'58's are White plastic with black print. '57's are Black plastic with white print. I need the '58's White with black print.
The Right side plastic says....."Vent....Wipers.....Choke or Lighter" depending on the car having a 6 (Choke) V8 (Lighter).
I need only the white plastic, but would buy the bezel & plastic if necessary.
If you need more photos or explanation, just let me know
Thanks
John

Tom S

Turns out that what I have is no better than what you already have. The left side piece was already broke & when I barely touched the plastic on the right side piece those 2 little pieces fell out. Could possibly stick 'em back in & hold them there with tape or glue on the back side. These old pieces are way too fragile. I think I'd consider finding some kind of white/ivory colored material & then printing out the words with proper spacing on some clear stick on print stock to put over the backing.
58 dash piece 1.jpg58 dash piece 2.jpg

Off topic complaint:
And again I'm not receiving email notices for posts or replies. Didn't get one for John's new post here.  I was very surprised yesterday when I got several from the Morning Coffee thread after so long. Wish someone would tell me what I need to do to fix the problem, I've already tried everything several times. 

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2022-12-28 19:00Off topic complaint:
And again I'm not receiving email notices for posts or replies. Didn't get one for John's new post here.  I was very surprised yesterday when I got several from the Morning Coffee thread after so long. Wish someone would tell me what I need to do to fix the problem, I've already tried everything several times.

I don't get notifications either. I don't think anyone does. Just one of a few things that have never been addressed. times always revert back to 9:09 too...no dates often...just have to live with it I guess.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Thanks Tom for the reply and information on substitute materials. I have thought about finding some white plastic and cutting and polishing it to fit. Had not thought about how to get the letters applied.I will look into your suggestions. Thanks again

rovohn

Would these work?
One is broken in half but you could glue it and no one could tell
Let me know
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2022-12-29 05:44Thanks Tom for the reply and information ...
I'm slightly acquainted with a guy that owns a business here that makes signs & all kinds of stickers. Had them print a big page, maybe 18" x 18", of small peel off stickers for me once & the price was very reasonable. I don't know if they have any translucent sticky backed material to print on but I'm sure that they have clear/transparent material to print on. If you can find someone in your area that does stuff like that it might be a good idea to have them print a lot of them on a big page. If I was going to do something like that & considering how fragile & easily broken those old thin plastic things are I'd have them make both the 1957 style & the 1958 style. Got to be a lot of folks here that would want some of them.

Hmm ... I did check the box at the upper right that says "Receive Emails and Alerts" but I didn't get one. :(

KYBlueOval

Quote from: rovohn on 2022-12-29 10:56Would these work?
One is broken in half but you could glue it and no one could tell
Let me know
Cheers,John :canada:
John.........YES indeed they would work. I'll send you a PM

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2022-12-30 05:49John.........YES indeed they would work. I'll send you a PM
Going by the pix you posted I thought you wanted the right side one to say LIGHTER?
I talked to the guy whose company makes stick on decals & he said, yes, they do have translucent material to print on & can make the labels that you were looking for.  Can do with white or black backgrounds. If there is some interest I could have a big sheet of them made. I'd mail a couple sets of each to those that need them, no charge. They could cut some clear plastic to fit & stick 'em on the plastic.
BTW, it appears that the ones you have are held in place in a different way than mine. Yours has little screws at the ends & mine has these brackets.

58 dash piece 5.jpg

mustang6984

I'd be interested. I have a '58 dash in one Courier, and the other is  '57. I'd have to figure out which type I need...choke or not. Haven't looked at them in some time.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker