Looking for a '58 being parted out. Need '58 dash parts. Got What I need! Thanks

Started by KYBlueOval, 2022-10-31 07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Tom S on 2022-12-30 21:07Going by the pix you posted I thought you wanted the right side one to say LIGHTER?
I talked to the guy whose company makes stick on decals & he said, yes, they do have translucent material to print on & can make the labels that you were looking for.  Can do with white or black backgrounds. If there is some interest I could have a big sheet of them made. I'd mail a couple sets of each to those that need them, no charge. They could cut some clear plastic to fit & stick 'em on the plastic.
BTW, it appears that the ones you have are held in place in a different way than mine. Yours has little screws at the ends & mine has these brackets.

58 dash piece 5.jpg
Tom, Thanks for the reply and your interest in this. I'm in need of both sides, and ROVOHN and I have spoken and I'm getting a pair of the plastic inserts from him. One of the pieces is broken, but I can deal with that. As to the Lighter or Choke, at this point, I'll settle for either.
If you get the translucent sheets made I'd be interested in obtaining a couple of sets. You never know if you will need them down the road. I'll gladly reimburse you for postage etc.
As to how the plastic mounts in the bezel.......Yes, what you have is completely different from what I have, and I might add, that '57's mount completely different from '58's, and the backside of the '58 Chrome Bezel is different from the '57 Bezel, as are the retaining pieces that hold the bezel in place, from the back side of the dash.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-12-30 21:21I'd be interested. I have a '58 dash in one Courier, and the other is  '57. I'd have to figure out which type I need...choke or not. Haven't looked at them in some time.
Hugh.......It is my understanding that if the car was made with a 6 cylinder it got "CHOKE", and if it was made with a V8 it got "LIGHTER"
John

mustang6984

Yea...I saw that too. Both of mine were originally owned by states, one by CA the other by WA. The engines in both had been turned to V-8's by the time I bought them, the CA car a race car the WA car was a cruiser/street rod. Not sure if one of them was originally a V-8 car or not. Both will be now though...and neither will need the choke, so guess I'll go with the choke ones.
Thanks for the reminder.  Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

incahoots

Here's what I have for 58 – PARTS PM me if you're interested

KYBlueOval

Quote from: incahoots on 2023-03-24 14:04Here's what I have for 58 – PARTS PM me if you're interested
PM sent.
Thanks John