News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Edelbrock carb on 292 with ECZ 9425 B clearance?

Started by VwDrvFnd, 2016-05-01 13:18

Previous topic - Next topic

VwDrvFnd

Hey Guys
i did a search and couldnt find any info. I have a stock 57, 292 and i am going to be installling a ECZ 9425 B manifold and Edelbrock EDL-1801 Thunder AVS. I would like to know if anyone has run this setup or something similar and if they have had any linkage clearance issues with the manifold? Will i need a spacer?  Would a Mummert manifold be a safer clearance option?
if anyone can inlighten me, i sure would be greatful!

Thanks
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

hiball3985

I can't address the linkage clearance but you also have to check the throttle bore/plates for interference. The B manifold has a small bore compared to most performance carbs. The guys with HP Y blocks open them up. This is one reason I used the 390 Holley, it has the smaller throttle bores that match the manifold. Some people use a spacer but that leaves a lip where the two different diameters meet, I didn't like that idea. I also prefer Holley carbs, easier to tune for me.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

VwDrvFnd

Yea I got a 600CFM Holley that came with the manifold when I got it, but my brother always used Carter AFB's on his rides and always had good luck with them. So the Elekbrock is the closest thing to it I figure. A little tribute to him I suppose. I think I am just going to get a Mummert intake and call it a day. I like the idea of not having the heat risers thru the intake. Also if I ever rebuild her I'll already have it.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?