News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interchangeable Parts for Country Sedan

Started by Stukenbroeker, 2016-05-06 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Stukenbroeker

Hey guys, I'm new here but having just bought a 57 Country Sedan, this feels like the right place to be. My question is about interchangeable parts between 57 fords, especially the wagons and fairlanes. I can't seem to find any info online after doing a few hours of searching. I was hoping to get a somewhat definitive answer about what parts on the Country Sedan are interchangeable with other 57 models, and what parts are definitely NOT interchangeable. Obviously parts like the tailgate and rear glass are very specific, but things like the front suspension, brakes, windshield, bench seats and such are what I'm most interested in.

Thanks in advance!

lalessi1

Virtually everthing is the the same from the doors forward, the entire drive train is the same. Rear springs are different, but they interchange. Gas tanks, rear shocks, frames are different. When it comes to specifics somebody will have books that can be used to double check stuff. Front suspension, front brakes, windshield and front bench seats are the same as the Custom models. Rear brakes are different.  If it looks the same it probably is. Good luck on your project and welcome to the forum!!!!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Yep...what Lynn said. Most mechanicals are the same, or at least per what option was installed on the particular car. JFYI since you have a wagon....Ford never built a Fairlane based station wagon in '57. They are all on the Custom platform, which is a 2" shorter wheelbase. Customs, Rancheros, Couriers, and wagons share the shorter wheelbase. The latter 3 have heavier springs and wider brakes.
Welcome to the forum, btw. Lots of helpful knowledgeable folks here.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Stukenbroeker

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick response. I'm admittedly a Mopar guy, but have always had a soft spot for Fords, so a lot of this stuff is a bit new to me, so I'm glad to be here to have you guys help.

Thanks again!

canadian_ranchero

i would look for a 57 chassis and a body parts book.i use mine all the time.i also have a 57 county sedan