News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ranchero parts

Started by BBoswell, 2013-05-29 16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Looking for a pair of armrests for my Ranchero. Gray would be cool but anything would be nice.
I'm also looking for a source when I can purchase a tonneau cover . . . preferably hard cover.

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forumn. I don't have what you're looking for, but wanted to welcome you. Look on page 3, currently, of the general discusion area. "wildhog" (Tom Drummond) has been working with someone in Indiana on a tonneau cover...but I think a soft version.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

Ranchero armrests are the same as the car. I'm not sure but they may be the same as the 55 and 56 Ford.

57chero

I have a pair of gray arm rests , they will need new padding and recovered.

Tom S

Quote from: Lou on 2013-05-30 00:50I'm not sure but they may be the same as the 55 and 56 Ford.
Yup, '56 for sure & no doubt on the '55s too.

jrw429

Are you sure? I've been shopping for arm rests for a while now. I have found it is easy to locate 55-56 arm rests, and 59-6? arm rests. Also easy to find 57 F100 arm rests. But I've found no vendor with a 57-58 arm rest for sale. (I'm talking new reproductions, e.g. Dennis Carpenter, Macs, etc.)

Tom S

Quote from: jrw429 on 2013-06-07 14:20Are you sure?
Yes.  This black one came out of a '56.  If you find another black or red one for the opposite side of these I could use it. Not necessarily a repo as I bet they are spendy.  (Didn't find any repos anyway.)
In better light I see the one that I thought was green is really blue.

BBoswell

I'm not finding a repops anywhere for 1957 models. I finally found a set here is Oregon that good except for the upholstry. I'll keep my eyes open for other sets as I continue to search for parts.