News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

***WANTED*** '57 TRUNK LOCK PARTS

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-06-27 16:19

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

I Copied this over from my Quad Headlight thread because I am in dire need of parts:
In my quest to return my rear deck lid into something that resembles stock, I purchased a NOS trunk lock and cylinder:

However, there are a few pieces I need if anyone has them and would like to sell them, please let me know. They are the 4 pieces circled in red below:

Thanks
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Sorry Joe
     I don't have anything that looks like that in my junque collection. 

Contibob

I am not 100% sure, but I think these parts are the same as 57 Thunderbird. "Macs" has them in reproduction.

CobraJoe

Thanks Bob, but this is all that Mac's shows:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Contibob

Look in the 57 Thunderbird section and you will see the parts you need. Like I said I believe the parts you are looking for are the same used on the 57 T'Bird trunk

terry_208

I have 3 of the parts, except for the wire (43226) in my Custom's trunk lid.  All I need to do is remove them. Does anyone know what size the required wrench to remove nut, 356164-S?  I don't have crow foot wrenches so need to reach in to remove it.  How have others removed this nut?
Terry

gasman826

Crowfoot.  The only way to go.  1-1/4" maybe.  I could confirm tomorrow if no one comes up with a sure answer.

thomasso

Just tightened mine a couple of days ago.  Think it was 1".  Got a good enough grip just by going straight in thru the access hole.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

A plummer's basin wrench is what I used.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I concur...1" crowfoot.

terry_208

Thanks for the info, everyone!  It will make things much easier.
Terry

terry_208

Still trying to get this assy apart.  I will give it another hour tomorrow and If it hasn't been removed, I'll simply separate the inner and outer panels. 
Terry

CobraJoe

Thanks Terry, I am in no rush to do this, so no worries.

terry_208

Update:  I had tried a basin wrench w/o success.  Obtained a set of crowfoot wrenches and was able to put some torque on the nut.  It made about 3.5 turns and froze. Putting more, read a lot more, torque on the nut got some results.  Not the results I wanted but results non-the-less.  The lock mechanism broke free of the outside emblem.  A couple minutes with the die grinder freed three of the items Joe needs.   
Terry