News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

needing right & left kick panel retainers

Started by ragtop, 2021-12-07 18:57

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtop

I need a set of kick panel retainers need good one to send out to chrome

RICH MUISE

I restored a set that I never used, I'll check tomorrow, but I think I may have already given them to someone on the forum years ago. You have several options to consider.......good ones are hard to find as the bottom ends rust out. Hopefully, you'll find what you're looking for, but if not, I believe the parts are symmetrical, so a good pair can be made from two pairs with the bottoms rusted by cutting and welding two top halves in the place of the two bottom halves.
Another option is doing what I did since I'm assuming with chroming, you're not looking for a factory look. What I did was not use them at all, and just attached the kick panels with ss oval head screws and trim washers. I'll see if I can find a pic. The windlace is there, so doesn't look unfinished.
If I can't find mine, there is a guy parting out a '57 here, I can have him check the condition of what's there and get a price. I can pick them up and get them mailed to you. Or, hopefully, someone here will have what you need.
Pic of what I did without the retainers: scroll down to post #41
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5795.30
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I couldn't find them, so my guess is I gave them away already.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ragtop

thanks for looking I have fix them on other cars I have done but they were painted my chromer wants a good set to chrome

Jaybird

Ragtop I have a good passenger side retainer. No drivers side though. It's yours if you want it. DM me if interested.
Jaybird
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

rmk57

If someone reproduced these they would sell a ton of them. Doubt there are many 57's out there with at least the bottom tip rotted off.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429