News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero build

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-09-12 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

The last installment for the year.  Got the door panel for the right side finished and installed.  The Ranchero and I will rest until after the first of the year.   
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Got the seats back from upholstery jail, pics to follow.  Got some life to take care of here first.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Life is taken care of!  Got the seats assembled, pretty happy with the results.  The upholstery guy did a good job with putting the new foam in, getting the covers right and in a very acceptable time frame!  Just need to finish the kick panels and the welting on the kick panel area then the seats go in!  Still way too slow, but I guess slow is better then not moving...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

CobraJoe

Looking good! 
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I think your guy beat Gary's by about 4 1/2 years! Nice design and clean look. I've always wanted a white interior.......have never had one except the Mark Viii donor car with a perfect white leather that went to the scrap yard (not me)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

One more step.  Got the panel thingies John (KYBlueOval) gave me installed, thanks John.  They really tighten up the welting down the side.  No idea what the stock setup is supposed to look like or how the card board is supposed flow to the rear panel but the look is acceptable.  Could not locate good enough fasteners to snap it in place and hold it when the door was closed.....So after a little "six pack" engineering I found the holes in the body were perfect to tap with 5/16 X 24.  They are held in place with 5/16 button heads.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Looking great, Bill. What's left to do? You have to be real close, and what's coming up after the Ranchero?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

That came out really nice  :001:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

akusler763

Looks beautiful!
1957 Fairlane 500 2-door Sedan w 390FE/C6
2001 Mustang GT Convertible
2016 F-150
1968 Thunderbird w 429/C6

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys.  Rich, I still have the kick panels to go then the head liner.  The pain is going to be the rear of the cab.  I have not figured out just how I'm going to marry the three little thin metal strips and the head liner to keep it taut.  They go from side to side and up over the dome light.

The stock clamps for holding the welting in place were out of stock when I ordered them.  The vendor substituted a same type but longer at no cost.  The extra length interferes with getting the kick panel retainer to set down in place.  Have pondered this for a couple of days and still have not come up with an idea that I can live with.  Back out today and ponder some more.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

hiball3985

Looking forward to what you come up with. The headliner in mine was done by the previous owner without the three pieces, but they were in a box of junk that came with it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Got the welting issue figured out.  Was able to enlarge the "holes" in the kick panel holder to clear the "new" welting clamps.  I did cut up two of the holders to repair the bottom of the right side.  Funny thing, the left side only had a little rust on the bottom of the bracket. 

Have the head liner hung waiting for it to relax before entering that task!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

CobraJoe

Looks great bill, really coming together nice!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Sweet! gonna be a fun summer for you!  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

jviera

Bill craftsmanship a great job. John V