News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Car Dealers

Started by JimNolan, 2012-03-06 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

Jim:

Very nice.  My folks bought a new 63 Galaxie 500 XL when I was not too long out of high school.  I thought it was a great upgrade from the 59 Rambler they traded in on it.  It wasn't a performance machine, but it was a lot stronger than my original 57, with it's 272 Y-block.  Your 63 looks cool and you certainly have put a lot of work into it.  If someone is looking for a good 63 Galaxie and if you do decide to sell it, they would be getting a good value.  I like your idea about a possible trade, best wishes.

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Bob,
  Thanks Bob. Due to the price I put on it it's evident I'm not trying to sell it. But I thought I might find someone that would be interested in a trade for what I'd like better. I don't think any of these cars get bought off Ebay with big prices on them without being looked at first. I wouldn't think they would, I wouldn't. Over 500 people have looked at the 63 in two days. If anyone is interested or has a 57 Sunliner they may like to trade, they may give me a call. I'd say of all the people out there, you would know how much money it takes to restore a car to semi-pristine condition. I sure wouldn't trade for any less than that. Jim

JimNolan

Well, the 57 Sunliner I was looking at had the bidding stop at 27K. I've had 1346 people look at my 63 and not a one of them had a 57 Sunliner they wanted to trade for it. The thing I don't understand is most of these cars have a 500-1000 dollar non-refundable deposit within 24 hrs of sale. How can someone do that and not personally look at the vehicle they are buying. You're talking big money on some of these cars. I've paid up to $4500.00 on EBay but there's no way I'll go over that without looking at a car personally.
   Anyway, the 63 is getting finished. Got the padded dash in yesterday. Seats should be done this week. Got a wrinkle in the headliner to fix and hopefully that'll be it. Car show season is upon us. I think I'll take the snow plow off the front of the 57 and give it a good bath before I start showing it again. Jim