News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Must be time for a story

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-03-15 14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Ok...funny thing happened here last week. One of our neighbors came to the door and talked to my nephew. When my wife and I got home, Ricky said..one of the neighbors stopped by to warn us that the FBI was on to us. Ricky told us the neighbor said."look, I don't know what you guys are into, and I don't care..I just wanted to let you know the FBI was at my place today asking all kinds of questions about your the people that lived here. Ricky was puzzled, but thanked him. Connie and I looked at each other and chuckled.
My wife works for Pantex, a nuclear armament facility outside of Amarillo. The security clearance for anyone who works there is quite high as you can imagine, and particularly high for those who "know what's going on". The initial clearance my wife got when she started working there took 14 months, and it has to be renewed every 5 years...thus the FBI "investigation".We got a good laugh out of it, and my nephew was a little relieved knowing his aunt and uncle weren't criminals.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

When I got my letter from Selective Service...you know the one that starts out 'Greetings, Your friends and neighbors have selected you'...the rest kind of fades off but the first few words are burned into my little brain.  Well those same friends and neighbors were taken back when the FBI canvased the home town community in regards to my character.  I was selected to go into the artillery branch of the Army.  Nukes are considered by the Army as artillery.  Not only did I have a high security clearance but also a nuclear clearance.  Boy, really had the neighbors talkin'.  Since my neighbors did know me, they assumed that I was probably on my way to Fort Leavenworth.  Like you, I had no idea this was going on until I got home.

Ford Blue blood

Having worked in the intel side of things during my last 10 or so years in the Navy I had to have one of those "I"ll have to kill you if I tell you" clearances.  Most of the folks that knew me were Navy so when the "guys" came around asking a bunch of questions they knew what was up.  I have to admit I did enjoy knowing what was really going on and sure do miss having the back ground info.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

geraldchainsaw

anyone that went thru the security clearance thing,   even though its old stuff,  i'm sure theres still things you can't mention or talk about pertaining to your job in the diff svcs

Ford Blue blood

Problem is don't know what is still classified and what is not.  I just assume it is all still classified and don't talk about it at all...not even with the wife!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Same situation here...just the wife who can't talk about things. When my wife and I met 25 years ago, she was in the Navy..a flag writer throughout her career. She worked for 5 Admirals, 1 Army General and 1 Air Force General (some bases, like Norad, have rotating commands). A flag writer is the military equivalent to an Executive Secretary for the Base Commander(Flag Officer). She let me know right from the start she couldn't talk about security matters and never did.
One neat thing about working for the upper eschalon..We met when she was stationed in Colorado Springs, then after a year she was transfered to St Louis. After I proposed to her (in a horse and buggy under the Arch) and we got married, as a wedding gift, the Admiral she worked for got her transfered back to Colorado Springs so we could live together. When she retired 3 years later,there were 3 retired admirals and one active at her retirement party. That was pretty cool since most Navy personel go thru their tenure without even seeing an Admiral.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

My security is the best.  I've forgotten most of it!!!!!!!!

geraldchainsaw

ok,  as a little insite,   i was on Admiral staff,  and a radioman,   whats that tell ya?

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

As a Nuc Electrician (submarine prototype in Idaho & fast attack subs) back in the late 60's & early 70's my security clearance was a whopping Confidential.  But, before I joined the service I worked as a courier for the IBM Service Bureau delivering IBM magnetic tapes and punch cards (remember those) between defense plants throughout Southern Calif, that required a Secret clearance.  However, when working for TRW as a Data Reduction Technician (dropping an electronic Rapidograph pen onto a rotating length of paper to draw maps & satelites), I had to have a substantially higher clearance.  40 years later what does it mean?  Nothing!!!  I sure as heck don't have a clue whether the Feds conducted any kind of investigation for any of them.  But those were interesting times, weren't they and the cars didn't all look the same either? lol

Bob
57 AGIN

geraldchainsaw

maybe we should let it go at that,   next thing we'll have the FBI coming to the house.