News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom progress

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2016-01-23 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

billd5string

That's looking great! Very nice work!
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Limey57

Really neat work, I love to see detail like this.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Beautiful work. I think it looks better then when it came from the factory.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Custom_Shelby

I have been accused of being a detail freak more than once in my life, but that's better than being the opposite!...lol

Custom_Shelby

Just a few more pic's of the current condition.  Radiator should be here soon, after that, hood, splash pan & front bumper will be installed, then will have it flat bedded down to have the exhaust system built.

Ford Blue blood

That is some kinda nice!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Definetly one of the top ones...perfecto!! Realizing it's still got some weight to be added, is it sitting close to the ride height you're looking for?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

Custom_Shelby

The front end needs to be lower, but, I believe after adding the new radiator, all the coolant, all the oil for the engine, battery, all the trans fluid, the hood, splash pan, front bumper, and after having the entire exhaust system built, it should be sitting pretty much where I want it.  And I used the original 223ci six cylinder coils in the front, ......sure shows you how much those boat anchors weighed!

lalessi1

Your car is a truly beautiful work of art!
Lynn

VwDrvFnd

Where did you get the Booster/master cylinder setup I really like the looks of that setup. Looks really small and compact compared to others I have seen.

Steven
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Custom_Shelby

I bought the brake system through Mac's Antique Auto Parts, Their part # is 64-79281 if you want to look it up on line.  It's smaller size single diaphragm was what I liked, plus the duel chamber master cylinder is a 60's Ford style.  Price for the whole unit was $430.00.  The proportioning valve and lines I bought separately and made the bracket.

suede57ford

You are doing a fantastic job on your '57.   I appreciate balancing the original look and details with a few drivability upgrades.  Keep up the good work and building a car that represents how great '57 Fords are.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

VwDrvFnd

Thanks for the info, going to look into it for my ranchero. It's very tidy and clean looking on your car!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Custom_Shelby

Just about done with the engine compartment, will be installing the hood, splash pan & front bumper next, then have it trailered down to have the exhaust system built, after that, .....turning the key!