News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Floor shift for Cruisermatic transmission?

Started by 40coupefan, 2020-03-14 07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

40coupefan

I began a search for floor shift for my cruisermatic transmission and nobody appears to make one. Ouch! Lokar, Gennie shifter, Hurst....   Any ideas? Planning on Borgason power box with FPA headers and custom column with floor shift. Seemed like good plan but 57 Gods said ?hold on old man?! 😜 Help!

KULTULZ

Exactly what CM (model and year) do you have? Is it a GREEN DOT (shift indicator)?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

40coupefan

gasman826

Since no one has mentioned a specific aftermarket floor shift er for green dot transmission.  I would look for a aftermarket shifter that you can modify the detent plate.  I would file or deepen the second gear detent position to lock in the green dot position.  I would select a shifter that uses a cable.  The rest should be like any other three speed automatic transmission.  You will want to relabel the gear selection display.

KULTULZ

Quote from: 40coupefan on 2020-03-15 08:00

352 and trans out of 61 star liner

You would look for a floor shifter from a 1961/ GALAXIE XL - MERC but would be mounted in a console. Maybe modify the shifter to adapt to floor shift w/o console?

The problem is the DUAL RANGE shift pattern - P-R-N-D2-D1-L
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

40coupefan

Bought Mr.Gasket floor shifter that is listed as working with my transmission.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe