News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Springs - again

Started by LAUDY57, 2013-06-10 23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

I wish I would have thought of that, that was the same problem my friend had, although if my muddy memory is working, he needed the opposite side. Did it by hand, and silver solder -no fancy tools.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Knew I had a pic somewhere
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Yep, that's the one. Very clever, you might say that's getting at the problem from the opposite direction LOL. (Yeah, I know LAME).
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

I was just browsing thru Jerry's classic cars to check out any new updates for parts. They have listed the door lock assemblies AND the levers. The levers are not oem style (cast)..look like machined components. No listing on what models they are for.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2013-06-11 19:47
Thanks guys, I'll look at the A/C springs and get a better measurement on the spindle drop. I will put in bags eventually, I want to go to a 4 link in the rear anyway. I kinda shot the wad on buying this thing so improvements are going to be a longer term deal. Got the skid plate in today so at least I won't be stuck on a bump, and found out my engine sits 1/2" off centre (or tilted), I'm guessing it was a header clearance thing on the left side.
reading thru old posts looking for a thread we did on rear shocks when I noticed this post. I'm just nailing down the engine/tranny install in my car, and my original mounts were was set up from the factory with engine and tranny mounts offset from center 5/16 for total side to side difference of 5/8. It is closer to the right side. Most everyone I talked to said this is normal, so given the V shape the motor sits in, trying to correct it without raising the engine too much would be a pita.